• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tax return Ideas.

zack991

imported post

So I was thinking of a few thing I would like to pick up this year after taxes this year.

1919 A4 .308 Rifle $1,579.00
19192008.jpg

The Browning M1919 was a light machine gun family widely used during the 20th century. It was used as a light infantry, coaxial, mounted, aircraft, and anti-aircraft machine gun by the U.S. and many other countries, especially during World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. This beauty is a .308 Semi auto rifle , they are quality built & finsihed and backed up by a 1 year warranty .Rifle comeswith rifle hard case for protection & 100 ammo links.

I have a few other ideas, A MP5 clone in 9mm or a H&k 91 clone. I have a large list but you know its good to dream.

zoom6zoom

imported post

Check out the forums at http://www.1919a4.com for lots of information on these. I haven't seen one from Atlantic, don't know how they measure up. If I were buying a built gun, I'd probably look for one of John McGuire's. I built my own from a parts kit for considerably less. I've converted mine from .308 back to .30-06 as it's cheaper ammo; there are also conversions around for 8mm and 7.62x54R.
KK1919-1.jpg

zack991

imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
Check out the forums at http://www.1919a4.com for lots of information on these. I haven't seen one from Atlantic, don't know how they measure up. If I were buying a built gun, I'd probably look for one of John McGuire's. I built my own from a parts kit for considerably less. I've converted mine from .308 back to .30-06 as it's cheaper ammo; there are also conversions around for 8mm and 7.62x54R.
KK1919-1.jpg
I bet the looks on peoples faces have to be priceless, I hope my tax return this year is good enough to pick it up and then some.

JBURGII

imported post

Would mounting one of these on the back of my ol 71 Ford flatbed be considered open carry?

Rev Jim II

Overtaxed

imported post

Interesting and laudable choice of item to buy...
Tax refunds are essentially a form of forced saving with no interest paid to you.
The best end of year situation is to either get a very small refund, or owe a small amount of money.

JBURGII

imported post

I have been very good at 'breaking even' almost every year for the last 20 or so.. once I did forget to adjust my deductions at mid year and ended up having to pay 3 or 4 hundred.. been careful ever since.

Have ya seen the Dodge Dually in 'Deathrace'? gatlings in the fenders.. uh huh.. :shock:

Rev. Jim II

architect

imported post

zack991 wrote:
1919 A4 .308 Rifle $1,579.00
19192008.jpg

The Browning M1919 was a light machine gun family widely used during the 20th century. It was used as a light infantry, coaxial, mounted, aircraft, and anti-aircraft machine gun by the U.S. and many other countries, especially during World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. This beauty is a .308 Semi auto rifle , they are quality built & finsihed and backed up by a 1 year warranty .Rifle comeswith rifle hard case for protection & 100 ammo links.
Yeah, but the only holster I can find for that is a Serpa, and you know what kind of problems you can have with those!