Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Cop Killer"Gun used in Fort Hood Shooting Officals Said

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Look at this......really?........dispicable F*k ABC now

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/cop-ki...ory?id=9019521

The gun thought to be used in the Fort Hood massacre packs so much firepower, it's known as 'the Cop Killer,' federal law enforcement officials said.

Nidal Hasan as a senior at William Fleming High School.(Courtesy William Fleming High School)
    Major Nidal Malik Hasan allegedly packed a FN Herstal Five-seveN tactical pistol, which according to federal law enforcement officials, was legally purchased from the "Guns Galore" shop in Killeen, Texas in Aug. 2009. The store's manager, David Cheadle, said that particular firearm can hold 20 rounds in a standard clip and take a ten round clip extension. Cheadle said with one clip and one round in the chamber, one could fire 31 rounds before reloading.

Hasan may have used an expanded clip in the shooting.

On FN Herstal's webpage, the benefits of the Five-seveN pistol note that it can "defeat the enemy in all close combat situations in urban areas, jungle conditions, night missions and any self defense action."

WTF?

But please look at the comments, it gives me hope but look at the sheeple's comments.... even the pro sheepsperson....

Post imported post

o wow really 31 ammo bullets of cop killer stuff in the high capacity clips before reloading or something wow thats crazy how is that legal?!?!?!11?!111!!!

Post imported post

The person that wrote the article is a straight idiot.:X

Post imported post

Gad,,such idiots. But at least he didn't use an AK. Sheesh
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

1) I didn't know that these guns worked with 'clips'... I thought they used 'magazines'!
    2) what in the heck is a 'clip extension'? Given that they are probably talking about a 'magazine' extension... even those don't allow for 'more ammo, but rather just extend the effective size of the grip! 'Extended magazines' are a different thing alltogether! A better term for them is 'higher capacity' magazines... And, yes, they are available for this gun in 30rds... Imagine if he had the carbine??? Those come with 50rd magazines!!!! Oh, no, the horror!!!

(sarcasm aimed at the media and most certainly NOT at the tragic events...)

Post imported post

My Dodge 1 ton has a 'high capacity' bed.. I feel so ashamed...

Post imported post

JBURGII wrote:
    My Dodge 1 ton has a 'high capacity' bed.. I feel so ashamed...
    Uh-oh... I drive a 2 ton!!!! Even higher capacity!!!:what:
    They're coming to take me away

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

The first night, 2 commentators were talking about how earlier in the afternoon, it was thought that 'rifle fire from an M16' was heard. When one commentator told the other that the firearm was a semi-auto handgun, the first commentator said "well, that explains why so many thought it was an M16" . What a joke.

Post imported post

Oh mah Gawd... If they said clip one more time I think my head might have exploded.

what in the heck is a 'clip extension'?
    I think my ex-girlfriend used those in her hair.

Post imported post

Yeah, I loved the whole 'it must have been a semi-auto...'
    As if 'semi-auto' pistols are so extremely rare! In fact, I believe that they are MUCH more common that 'wheel guns' these days...

Post imported post

I was going to paint my old Ford flat black and put a 'pistol' grip on the shifter.. but figured I wouldn't be AWB compliant.. I admit I drive an EBF.. (evil black ford) who by the way posted some pretty good profits.. and they didn't take no gov money.. hmmm.. how on earth did THAT happen..??

Back on topic: who determines what weapon / ammo combination is a 'cop killer'. Do ck's NOT kill civilians? Are they going by the common thought that anything that defeats body armor / vest is labeled a ck? I really need some clarification on some of this.. sigh..

Rev Jim II, the confused

Post imported post

Can we please find out who wrote that article and call them/email them with a piece of our minds?

I reckon its all well and good to nod and agree with each other, but lets find these guys' contact info and share those thoughts with them.

EDIT: MATTHEW COLE, PIERRE THOMAS, JASON RYAN, and RICHARD ESPOSITO

Post imported post

BJA wrote:
    Look at this......really?........dispicable F*k ABC now

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/cop-ki...ory?id=9019521

The gun thought to be used in the Fort Hood massacre packs so much firepower, it's known as 'the Cop Killer,' federal law enforcement officials said.

Nidal Hasan as a senior at William Fleming High School.(Courtesy William Fleming High School)
    Major Nidal Malik Hasan allegedly packed a FN Herstal Five-seveN tactical pistol, which according to federal law enforcement officials, was legally purchased from the "Guns Galore" shop in Killeen, Texas in Aug. 2009. The store's manager, David Cheadle, said that particular firearm can hold 20 rounds in a standard clip and take a ten round clip extension. Cheadle said with one clip and one round in the chamber, one could fire 31 rounds before reloading.

Hasan may have used an expanded clip in the shooting.

On FN Herstal's webpage, the benefits of the Five-seveN pistol note that it can "defeat the enemy in all close combat situations in urban areas, jungle conditions, night missions and any self defense action."

WTF?

But please look at the comments, it gives me hope but look at the sheeple's comments.... even the pro sheepsperson....
    The 5.7x28 is not a "cop killer"--while it will accept 5.7x28 AP rounds, the public cannot buy the AP ammunition.

The idiot who wrote that article has no idea what they are saying. I would love to have a 5.7x28 but refuse to pay the $1000 price tag.

You would think that a "college educated" journalist would have enough common sense to actually do some investigation before they open their mouth and prove to everyone how much of a moron and an idiot they really are.

Post imported post

I agree with you about doing research, but how long has it been since any of the lamemedia have proven they are interested in getting the facts before mouthing the liberal/NObama party line?

It is a sad state of affairs when you listen to the newsie speak with such horror in their voice as they say, "and the gun was purchased legally at a gun store?"

*virtual puking*
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Post imported post

Maybe I should become a cop. Then I'll be much tougher and you can't kill me unless you have a special gun. Like silver bullets and werewolves or something.

Post imported post

Did any cops get killed at Ft. Hood?
    Did any cops get wounded at Ft. Hood? Yes, and she survived. So I guess it's not a cop killer gun.

Post imported post

You would think that a "college educated" journalist would have enough common sense to actually do some investigation before they open their mouth and prove to everyone how much of a moron and an idiot they really are.
    But if they investigated/researched anything about firearms they might actuallyfind outthe truth!Cant do thatwhen they'reexpected to spewthe annoited one's line. That, IMHO, is why the lamestream media dos'nt research anything. They'd be wasting time on something that they never use, facts.

"You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

Virginiaplanter wrote:
    Did any cops get killed at Ft. Hood?
    Did any cops get wounded at Ft. Hood? Yes, and she survived. So I guess it's not a cop killer gun.
    No, but the military personnel were wearing ballistic armor built into their cammies.

What? They weren't? They were wearing clothes barely different than a pair of jeans and a long T-shirt? My bad.

Post imported post

I saw some "expert" being interviewed TV yesterday who stated that the "FN57 is an extremely powerful type of 9mm." I kid you not. It was like listening to an interview with Jim Carrey's butt except less intelligent. He should have closed the interview with, "Of course everything I said should be accepted with the understanding that I have no idea what I am talking about."
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

Holy mother of God.

The pH of my blood is like...negative right now.

Post imported post

deepdiver wrote:
    I saw some "expert" being interviewed TV yesterday who stated that the "FN57 is an extremely powerful type of 9mm." I kid you not. It was like listening to an interview with Jim Carrey's butt except less intelligent. He should have closed the interview with, "Of course everything I said should be accepted with the understanding that I have no idea what I am talking about."
    IMO, it is in the contract of talking heads that they not have a clue what they are saying.

The FN 5.7x28 is no more dangerous of a 9mm than any other 9mm--it is that the ammunition for the 5.7x28 is interchangeable with the PS90 that terrifies so many about his gun..it is the same ammo--and that is why they are saying it is more dangerous and more powerful. The information I have read is that the 5.7x28 is comparable to the 9x19..nothing more or less.

Talking heads should hang a sign on their necks which should say :"I'm a talking head, I have no clue what I am saying."

Post imported post

Does anyone know how many LEO's are killed by automobiles during regular traffic stops or other criminal actions utilizing automobiles? Is the number higher than the ones that are killed by "cop killer bullets" or any other type of bullet? If it is, do they ever talk about banning automobiles?

Post imported post

Fran wrote:
    Does anyone know how many LEO's are killed by automobiles during regular traffic stops or other criminal actions utilizing automobiles? Is the number higher than the ones that are killed by "cop killer bullets" or any other type of bullet? If it is, do they ever talk about banning automobiles?
    We don't want to ban all automobiles, only cop-killer cars.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    Fran wrote:
    NOT YET!! I've seen some of those videos. Sometimes its a pick-up truck, and I ain't got mine, yet. :P
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    Fran wrote:
    NOT YET!! I've seen some of those videos. Sometimes its a pick-up truck, and I ain't got mine, yet. :P
    No American needs a pickup truck. Only police and military should have such big vehicles.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast