• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pro-Second Amendment Resolution Passes Unanimously in the Wisconsin Assembly

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

[align=center][size=Pro-Second Amendment Resolution Passes Unanimously in the Wisconsin Assembly][size=[/align]
On Tuesday, November 3, the Wisconsin State House unanimously passed Assembly Resolution 15. ]This resolution requests the participation of the Attorney General in the “friend of the court” brief in the U.S. Supreme Court case, McDonald v. Chicago.

The case will address the application of the Second Amendment to the states through either the Due Process clause or the Privileges or Immunities clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. The case has major implications for the legality of restrictive gun laws not only in Chicago, but also in other cities across the United States.

Full support by the Wisconsin Assembly and other states will only strengthen the stance of the Second Amendment’s true meaning in the eyes of the court.

A special thank you goes out to the sponsors and co-sponsors:

State Representative Ann Hraychuck (D-28)
State Representative John Townsend (R-52)
State Representative Kevin Petersen (R-40)
State Representative Andy Jorgensen (D-37)
State Representative Daniel LeMahieu (R-59)
State Representative Michael Huebsch (R-94)
State Representative John Nygren (R-89)
State Representative Dan Meyer (R-34)
State Representative Robin Vos (R-63)
State Representative Gary Tauchen (R-6)
State Representative Brett Davis (R-80)
State Representative Amy Sue Vruwink (D-70)
State Representative Leah Vukmir (R-14)
State Representative Scott Gunderson (R-83)
State Representative Karl Van Roy (R-90)
State Representative Jim Ott (R-23)
State Representative Garey Bies (R-1)
State Representative Mary Williams (R-87)

Be sure to thank these legislators!

opusd2

imported post

I've known Rep Gary Bies since his kid and I were in school together and he seems to be a pretty decent guy. It's good to know that his voting record has been pretty consistent over the years.