• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Debra Medina

botheyesonyou

imported post

Please excuse the post if its in the wrong place.

A while back I read a post here about Debra Medina. I didn't know who she was so I did some reading about her platform. I liked the message and decided to dig further into what she was saying. On Thursday I went to K Space here in Corpus Christi to listen to her presentation to a Campaign for Liberty group which was very personal. The second plank in her platform is OC. Completely for it, mentioning that property rights and gun rights to protect that property are two things that CANNOT be compromised at any cost. She talked about other things that absolutely burn me up i.e. the border and the federal government over stepping its bounds. No, she doesn't want Texas to leave the union, she stated that Rick Perry was very irresponsible to play with the succession word a few months back. Just thought I'd give an opinion from a personal encounter.

Edit:
Disclosure: I am in NO WAY affiliated with Debra or any campaign associated with her.

CommonMan101

imported post

I have yet to hear any negatives about her. So far, it seems the only thing bad is she is hardly known.

I am dis-heartened by K.B.H.'s effort to become Gov.and would like to see Debra promoted more.K.B.H stated she wants the Gov. to lean more to the left so shes running for it.:cuss::banghead:

If anyone has doubts aboueMedina (besides relative unknown-ness) I'd like o hear what it is.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

One of the best things 'We Texans' can do at the moment is to go to Medina's website (www.medinafortexas.com) and order bumper stickers for all your vehicles, yard signs for your home/business, and flyers to hand out to everyone you know and every business you frequent! Businesses that seem open to her, ask if you can leave a stack of flyers; and maybe even place a yard sign!
If you are on FaceBook, add her FB page to yours, and 'share' her page and comments so that all your friends are exposed to her! The primaries are coming up FAST!!! We NEED 'Debra Medina' to be a household name before they get here!

No, I am not in any way affiliated with her or her campaign team, and actually haven't been able to even meet/see her in person yet (missed her by about 5 minutes...) but I have read and seen enough to know that she is our absolute BEST hope at the moment!

Her 'media' (stickers, flyers, signs, etc) are extremely reasonable in price! Get yours today!

CrossFire

imported post

Thats right Gator. It was unfortunate that you missed her at the BBQ. She is a simply amaing person and I have been telling everyone I know and even some strangers that she needs to be our next governor.

botheyesonyou

imported post

Ordered my shirt and bumper stickers yesterday. Just to let y'all know, I've never been about buying things online. I have no paypal account, or any electronic payment membership. BUT, I did find it very easy to order from Debra's site using my debit card. I was sent 3 separate emails when my order was received, waiting to be filled, and shipped. Took me about 5 minutes to set up. Very EASY to use.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

botheyesonyou wrote:
Ordered my shirt and bumper stickers yesterday. Just to let y'all know, I've never been about buying things online. I have no paypal account, or any electronic payment membership. BUT, I did find it very easy to order from Debra's site using my debit card. I was sent 3 separate emails when my order was received, waiting to be filled, and shipped. Took me about 5 minutes to set up. Very EASY to use.
For anybody leary of online purchases... Buy a 'Visa Gift card'. you can buy them in any amount and they are not tied to your bank, credit card, you in any way! They do cost a couple of bucks, but if you need to do some online shopping and are concerned about using your bank/credit card, they are a great, safe, secure, substitute!

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

TxLibertyLady wrote:
Also wanted to point you to the volunteer blog at http://www.debramedinafortexas.com

Also would love to link to this forum if we may. Thanks.
TxLibertyLady:
Are you someone from Medina's campaign (or Debra herself)? If so, please let us know as I'm sure many of our members would love to have a question and answer thread!

Also, What exactly do you mean by a link to this forum? If you want to announce a forum that you have going, Feel free to announce it here, or if you are wanting to link to us on another forum, that will be ok also. (Just remember to follow forum rules, some forums don't like links ot other forums...)

Disclaimer= I am not the owner of this forum, nor am I a moderator of any sort, but I believe that I can speak for us all, at least in the Texas section, when I say that these specific types of links will not only NOT be an issue, but will be welcomed. For the most part we here at Texas OCDO (and many others that aren't in Texas) are behind Debra Medina 100%!

TxLibertyLady

imported post

Neither. I know Debra and have for quite some time. I am a big supporter however. A few volunteers got together and decided to open a website where people could come together and discuss issues, talk about how to get Debra's name out there (she is an awesome candidate) and coordinate events.

Official campaign sites (and debra does have one) are limited to some extent as to what they can do and say. We are not. We are a totally volunteer site geared towards doing what we can as volunteers to educated people on the issues and promote Debra's candidacy.

We are brand new and are looking for sites that have the same philosophy as Debra to link to and to interact with.

Thanks so much for answering this post. We appreciate it. I will put a link up to your site today. Debra is totally an open carry advocate with no ifs, ands, or buts.

Your members are encouraged to visit the site and post. There is a section under "Freedom Issues" called 2nd Amendment Rights where imformation from this forum could be posted.

So it really is a matter of cross fertilization. I certainly intend to come back to this site for ideas etc.

www.debramedinafortexas.com

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Well, Speaking at least for myself (and probably for many others here):
Welcome! And thanks for your contribution! There is some GREAT information available here. Feel free to ask any questions that you may have and we will be happy to assist you in any way possible!

Since Debra is running for 'State' Governor, probably best to keep most of this in the 'Texas' Forum, and possibly even to direct your link to the Texas forum directly, or the home page, but there is plenty of Information and good people in the other forums as well.

It might also be a good idea to post (and keep updated) a thread with Debras upcoming schedule if someone has decent access to it and the time to keep it up to date as I'm sure there are many here that would love to see/meet her!

TxLibertyLady

imported post

Thank so much!!! What a nice welcome. Yes, I am going to put a link to the Texas Forum. I am trying to get information on the calendar on our site now and will do my best to keep it updated here. Again, thanks so much and thanks for all you guys do for our freedom..

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

I briefly looked at her website, and maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anything on where she stands on controversial/polarizing issues such asgay rights, immigration/Texas border security, abortion, crime & punishment and so on.

Ionly found these points listedon the "Who Is Debra" page: (1) Debra on the Role of Government, (2) Debra on State Sovereignty, (3) Debra on Taxes and Spending, (4) Debra on the Business Climate in Texas, (5) Debra on Private Property...fairly "safe" issues to list.

...but nothing on the moral/cultural/social issues that *I* see being America's major problems -- and problems most people don't even want to talk about, let alone REALLY address --just business and politics. I would like to see the complete picture.

Many years ago, I stopped using a one-issue item (RKBA/2nd Amendment) as a "litmus test" to evaluate candidates -- and people in general -- so I'd need to see where Debra Medina stands re: a range of issues.

-- John D.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
I briefly looked at her website, and maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anything on where she stands on controversial/polarizing issues such asgay rights, immigration/Texas border security, abortion, crime & punishment and so on.

Ionly found these points listedon the "Who Is Debra" page: (1) Debra on the Role of Government, (2) Debra on State Sovereignty, (3) Debra on Taxes and Spending, (4) Debra on the Business Climate in Texas, (5) Debra on Private Property...fairly "safe" issues to list.

...but nothing on the moral/cultural/social issues that *I* see being America's major problems -- and problems most people don't even want to talk about, let alone REALLY address --just business and politics. I would like to see the complete picture.

Many years ago, I stopped using a one-issue item (RKBA/2nd Amendment) as a "litmus test" to evaluate candidates -- and people in general -- so I'd need to see where Debra Medina stands re: a range of issues.

-- John D.
John- many of the issues that you are asking about are federal issues and not state issues; and Debra is running for Governor of Texas, not for a federal position!
However, if you submit an inquiry, I am sure that you will get an answer. I am fairly certain that I have seen a response to the issues that you bring up from her before. If I find it, I will link to it, but I will say that I haven't seen any issue yet that her and I disagree on!

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks, but that distnction you make is irrelevant to me since I am trying to ascertain her core beliefs and personal character...which shouldn't change no matter where or in what capacity one leads/serves the public.

Besides, she could well go on in her political carreer and become federal...but I'd like to know now at this level as possibly the next Governor of Texas.

Regards,

-- John D.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Well then, do some digging and ask some questions!
I was simply referring to why she wouldn't be 'running' on those issues. no point in running on an issue if the position you are running for can in no way affect that issue!
As far as her 'core values', like I stated before, in all of the research that I have done, articles I have read, interviews that I have watched, I haven't found anything I don't like or agree with yet!
I think you will like her too if you are willing to give her a chance and learn a bit about her!

TxLibertyLady

imported post

Hi John,

Debra isvery adement about curbing illegal immigration, increasing border security and personal responsibility for your actions. I actually agree with you - these are core principles we should llok at before supporting someone. Debra is persaonlly against abortion and is definately pro-life, in fact she recently put out a press realease on Hutchison's flip flop on the abortion issue.

As Texas Governor, there are many many powers the office has which have not been used because elected officials have no stomach to stand up and fight. The Governor has to power to refuse, for instance, to implement national ID, nationalized health care etc. Texas has a contract with the Union and by enforcing some of these federal laws they have broken that contract. The fact is Perry could stand up and stop some of this (Debra just called on Perry and the AG to and the Legislature to reject nationalized health care if it passes. Arizona has already done this but not our officals. They would rather meet and bow to the Bildeburgers and make deals with their foreign friends to tke our land via the TTC

Debra hasscores of interviews on the internet and we have many on our site. I would encourage you to listen to some of them and then make a decision.

Thanks you for having an inquiring mind. If more people did, we wouldn't be in this mess.

wewd

imported post

Texans are blessed to have someone like Debra Medina running for governor, and actually have a good chance of winning. The situation here in California could not be more opposite. All of our Republican candidates would pass as moderate Democrats in other states, and the only "pro-gun" (a very relative term here) candidate is a former Democrat governor from the 70s. I don't need to tell anyone here how important it is to have a governor with the guts to stand up for state sovereignty in the time we are living in right now. I envy you.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
imported post

TxLibertyLady,

Thank for your response addressing those particular issues...I will try to keep up on her now that I am aware.

Gator5713,

I don't recall your political persuasion, but lots of members here lean towards Libertarian. I don't, so I have to sort out lots of things that SEEM good coming from this or that politician -- and consequently I would agree with -- but looking into it further I sometimes find it'sactually a Libertarian platform.I would be unable to support a Libertarian candidate for anything.

Please recall all the hubbub here a while back about Ron Paul...I couldn't get on that bandwagon whatsoever. Lots of what Paul said sounded good, but he is a Libertarian, and I justcouldn't/can't get behind that.

Regards

-- John D.