Thread: OC at Grayhound Park Post Falls

Post imported post

Can we OC at Grayhound Park during the Sherriff Mack event next week. Its too far to go just to see if it is posted.

Thanks Orphan
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Post imported post

This is Idaho. Why wouldn't you be able to? It's a public place.

I'm also a little confused about this "if it's posted" you speak of. What?

Post imported post

My understanding of Idaho law is that if its posted no guns then you can not carry eitherCC or OC.

Orphan

Post imported post

That is incorrect.. Idaho law clearly states what is off limits to either CC or OC. It also clearly states that no entity other than the State may make laws more restrictive than what is set forth in Idaho code.

Check out Idaho Code 18-33

http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/ids...CT18-3302C.htm

Prohibited conduct.Any person obtaining a license under the provisions of section 18-3302, Idaho Code, shall not:

(1)Carry a concealed weapon in a courthouse, juvenile detention facility or jail, public or private school, except as provided in subsection (4)(f) of section 18-3302D, Idaho Code

http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/ids...CT18-3302J.htm

Preemption of firearms regulation.(1) The legislature finds that uniform laws regulating firearms are necessary to protect the individual citizen’s right to bear arms guaranteed by amendment 2 of the United States Constitution and section 11, article I of the constitution of the state of Idaho. It is the legislature’s intent to wholly occupy the field of firearms regulation within this state.
    (2)Except as expressly authorized by state statute, no county, city, agency, board or any other political subdivision of this state may adopt or enforce any law, rule, regulation, or ordinance which regulates in any manner the sale, acquisition, transfer, ownership, possession, transportation, carrying or storage of firearms or any element relating to firearms and components thereof, including ammunition.

Yes... this is the state we live in. Make sure it stays this way.

Post imported post

Devldogs55/NightOwl

Thanks that answered my question, This is what I love about this forum.

Orphan

Post imported post

Is the Greyhound Park a privately owned facility or is it publically owned (city, county, state property)?

If it is private property, can't the owners of a private facility make their own rules in regards to whether or not they allow firearms?

Post imported post

Sure.. Private property is different but it wouldn't be agInst the law to carry... It would be a violation of private property rights and you would be asked to leave - at most - trespassed. I CC in private establishments that don't like guns all the time.

Post imported post

devldogs55 wrote:
    Sure.. Private property is different but it wouldn't be agInst the law to carry... It would be a violation of private property rights and you would be asked to leave - at most - trespassed. I CC in private establishments that don't like guns all the time.
    ...and my understanding is that it isn't trespassing until they ask you to leave and you refuse. You aren't trespassing merely by carrying there.

Post imported post

I went to the Grayhound park this morning, of course they were not open but there are no "no firearms" signs that I could see looking in the front door. At least 3 of us from Spokane are going to OC tomorrow at the Sherriff Mack event that starts at 630 Pm

Nemo Me Inpune lacesett

Orphan