• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Female Cop is Ft. Hood Hero

Daath 474

imported post

Fort Hood, Texas (CNN) -- The police officer who ended the Fort Hood massacre by shooting the suspect is known as the enforcer on her street, a "tough woman" who patrolled her neighborhood and once stopped burglars at her house.

"If you come in, I'm going to shoot," Kimberly Munley told the would-be intruders last year.

It was Munley who arrived quickly Thursday at the scene of the worst massacre at an Army base in U.S. history, where 13 people were killed. She confronted the alleged gunman, Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, and shot him four times. Munley was wounded in the exchange.

More Here: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/06/fort.hood.munley/index.html

Batousaii

imported post

Thank you Daath for the good word to this brave soul. I read about that situation with a solemn heart. Whata travesty that someone so wicked could take that much life for his own selfish reasons. Sadly, it goes to show, these days it is just as important to be able to protect one's self as it was in the old frontier or old revolutionary days (as is often the comparison from the anti's) when we fought for independence and survival.

- Recently a handful of horrific events have occurred, my condolences to the families and loved ones, and respect to those brave soulsthat were able to catch and stop these inhuman evil ones.

- I never did tell my kidsthat monsters aren't real, i simply taught them how to protect themselves from them.

Bat

swatspyder

imported post

This guy has no idea what he is talking about... Spit bullets at over 2000 fps, armor piercing bullets available (he forgot to mention, NOT available to civilians). And there is the liberal excited utterance of "Cop Killer!!!" :banghead:

http://www.examiner.com/x-14143-Ora...ler-FNFive-Seven-tactical-pistol20-round-clip

Major Nidal Malik Hasan, 39, used an FN Five-Seven, a semi-automatic pistol popular with SWAT teams that can fire armor-piercing bullets commonly called the “cop killer. A total of 13 people died in the bloodbath at the Texas military base and 38 were wounded.
Our corrupt politicians, leaders and the Lying Liberal Media want to parse words and play politically correct games with our serviceman’s lives. Hassan is a terrorist no matter what his creed or religion.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition defines ter•ror•ist as one that that engages in acts or an act of terrorism. Nowhere does to call attention to state of mind nor religious pursuits.
Hasan gave away possessions prior to his attack but more importantly he went to a gun shop and bought a handgun that has one purpose and that is to kill policeman or soldiers that may be wearing body armor.
The FN Five Seven is a killing machine and armor piercing rounds are available for this ultra hot firearm which can spit bullets out its muzzle in excess of 2000 feet per second.

The UK Telegraph reports,

"He fired at me and I fired back. I was about 15 yards away. I could see into his eyes and he was calm. We did what we had to do, I wish we could have got there sooner."
Sgt Munley, who is only 5ft tall, is being treated for her wounds in hospital and has been described by friends as a "ball of fire" and a "great cop." When she arrived she saw Hasan firing at a fleeing, wounded soldier. She chased him and opened fire only for Hasan to turn and unleash his "cop killer" weapon.

Is there any doubt that his man terrorized the 300 plus soldier’s he fired upon with every intention to kill them and aren't you tired of politically correct terms that distort the facts and our collective morals.

5jeffro7

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
This guy has no idea what he is talking about... Spit bullets at over 2000 fps.....
actually, the self defense loads I carry in my 5.7 have been chronographed at almost 2100 fps....and another of the loads I've got are closer to 2400 fps...:what:

antispam540

imported post

5jeffro7 wrote:
swatspyder wrote:
This guy has no idea what he is talking about... Spit bullets at over 2000 fps.....
actually, the self defense loads I carry in my 5.7 have been chronographed at almost 2100 fps....and another of the loads I've got are closer to 2400 fps...:what:
This is why I want a 5.7 :) My PS-90 has convinced me of the awesomeness of this particular caliber.

swatspyder

imported post

5jeffro7 wrote:
swatspyder wrote:
I was referring to the "spit bullets" part of that quote. How about, "capable of firing bullets at speeds above 2100 fps."