Thread: For those who think the "if they ban guns, what'll they ban next?" argument is a stretch..

Post imported post

IRELAND BANS SAMURAI SWORDS AND STIFFENS PENALTIES FOR KNIFE CRIMES

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0901/samurai.html

Even tho I've used the argument to benefit my +2A agenda in discussions, I, too, have thought of the "if they ban guns, what'llthey bannext..." angle to be a little bit of a stretch. Here, I see differently. Again, I'm happy to be in America.
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I got a better one!!!

http://mackys.livejournal.com/822670.html

The powers that be are trying to ban glass pint beer glasses in English pubs!! they want to change to plastic so there is less chance of it being used as a weapon!
    How moronic is that?

Post imported post

Not bad - that's pretty rediculous alright. For Pete's sake - people will always commit violence against people. It IS nature and even if we were to remove every tool known to have harmed another human being, violence against others will still be committed. These broadened strokes of idiocy trouble me greatly.
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

Post imported post

hopnpop wrote:
    Not bad - that's pretty rediculous alright. For Pete's sake - people will always commit violence against people. It IS nature and even if we were to remove every tool known to have harmed another human being, violence against others will still be committed. These broadened strokes of idiocy trouble me greatly.
    It's almost like the asinine laws create even more subconsious anger and the violence gets worse. What's next? People driving cars into crowds and...

Oh wait, the muzbots already do that.

Can someone point out a RKBA moo-slime state before I draw an improper parallel?
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Post imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
    It's almost like the asinine laws create even more subconsious anger and the violence gets worse.
    Not really, it's that some people are naturally violent, and removing the tools other people would use to defend themselves emboldens their anti-social tendencies. The anger is always there, but in an armed society it is restrained by fear of retribution.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

The Atomic Ass wrote:
    PrayingForWar wrote:
    It's almost like the asinine laws create even more subconsious anger and the violence gets worse.
    Not really, it's that some people are naturally violent, and removing the tools other people would use to defend themselves emboldens their anti-social tendencies. The anger is always there, but in an armed society it is restrained by fear of retribution.
    Exactly!! if one tool is removed, another will be found!!
    This could continue until people are not allowed outside without a straighjacket and a gag over their mouth. Then they would use head-butting!! What next? remove their heads?

When are these people in the UK going to finally revolt? I see it coming very soon, and I feel the US will be following suit. Yes, I feel it has gotten to that point! We need to take back our own government before this idiocy gets any worse over here.

Post imported post

something to pay attention to