• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in MO Conservation Wildlife Areas

kjfishman

imported post

Does anyone know the rules or have any experience while OC in Mo Conservation areas. There are more and reports of bob cats mountain loins and bears in the wild in MO. It seems like a good idea to be prepared.

josh_scci

imported post

I would not suggest killing a bear or mountain lion in missouri unless you knew it was going to kill you. Bears are very protected and I think mountain lions are as well.

Article1section23

imported post

kjfishman wrote:
Does anyone know the rules or have any experience while OC in Mo Conservation areas. There are more and reports of bob cats mountain loins and bears in the wild in MO. It seems like a good idea to be prepared.
If you ever use your firearm on a "Bear" or "Mountain Lion".....I'm sure you would only say....I feared for my life and acted in self defense....and I'm sure you then wouldn't say anything else, until you were talking to your attorney. Right?

Some conservation area's are in cities that have OC ban's, such as Cape Girardeau, so be careful in those area's, you shouldn't have any other issues.