• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sound Transit has no weapons/fireams signs on the Light Rail

triehl27

imported post

Sound Transit has No Weapons/ firearms, posted aboard the Sound transit light rail. Didn't really care as mine was in my bag today, but thought i'd post the heads up for everyone.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Been discussed before, but some time back. Per RCW 9.91.025 those signs are invalid. Sound transit buses operated by Pierce Transit have the 9.91.025 wording posted on them BTW. Sound Transit knows the score, but they choose to keep those signs up...

Daath 474

imported post

5jeffro7 wrote:
if I'm not mistaken (and it's happened before), the sign has wordage something to the effect that "unlawful weapons are prohibited"
You know, I kind of like the wording in that. If more places used "unlawful weapons are prohibited" rather than "firearms prohibited," I think I'd feel better about it.

There is a clear message that illegally carrying weapons is unlawful and that legally carried weapons are alright. This is kind of a win-win situation for those who like the "feel good" aesthetics of the "No Guns" signs, but doesn't infringe on the rights of legal gun owners.

I know it's a bit OT for the discussion, but I thought I'd chime in with my two cents about something.