• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Howdy peoples!

mFonz77

imported post

Well just wanted to introduce myself - I moved to AZ a few months ago from MO (another fairly OC-friendly state except most just get the CCW). Lived in Phoenix for a few months and finally got a job down here in Sierra Vista. I also run www.arizonacarry.org (just forums for now but trying to get a good main site up as well).

Going to hike Miller Peak tomorrow and will be OC'ing my Ruger GP100 in a drop-leg holster with about 5 HKS speedloaders in a custom leather rig...hope I don't run into any of them drug smugglers.

Evenin' peoples!

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I woulld seriously reconsideryour choice of firearms to carry relative to possible encounters with smugglers. While wheelguns may appear quite traditionally 'western'... Large frame, semi-auto .45acp's are infinitantly more practical.

RJ

Banned
imported post

Might not wanna drive a motorcyle either in the event a car might hit you.

Carrying opinions vary, much like the hardware available to carry, its a personal decision, one that we all make, with the most current information available. I for one carry a variety, usually more than one, and always enjoy the parte that comes from someone denegrating my decision on what I carry.
Hopefully you will never have to use yours for any reason.
Hope the hike is pleasurable and as eventful as one would want
Rj

mFonz77

imported post

Well I am happy to report the hike went great.

While I appreciate the advice, notice I only said I would be open carrying the GP100. I like to have .357 available in case bears or other hungry mammals decide to show up.

I had Mr. Glock and Mr. Kel-Tec packed away nicely for the human varieties.

I came home with the same number of rounds I left with.