Thread: Ah, the smell of the woods!

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

Does anyone know of an outdoor area around North Bend where I can take a friend to do a little shotgunning?
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Bookman wrote:
    Does anyone know of an outdoor area around North Bend where I can take a friend to do a little shotgunning?
    I know a couple places up by Snoqualmie pass, I can send you the GPS coordinates but they might be under snow right now :?
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Post imported post

Well, I found a lady who likes to shoot. I'd like to take her somewhere. Problem is, I don't have GPS so the coordinates might not do me much good.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Bookman wrote:
    Well, I found a lady who likes to shoot. I'd like to take her somewhere. Problem is, I don't have GPS so the coordinates might not do me much good.
    You could use Google Earth with GPS coordinates and compare to a good old map.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

Great suggestion. Thanks!

Post imported post

Bookman wrote:
    How bout some good ol' fashioned directions? The couple places I know are pretty easy to find, and don't require a heavy-duty 4x4 to access (tho it does make it more fun :celebrate)
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Post imported post

Sounds good. How about sending them to me in a PM?