• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's the deal with all the 25 06 ammo disappearing?

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Every store I go to seems to sell them out very quickly. What's the deal? I can't even find what I'm looking for online. I had to settle for Hornday, but I prefer ballistic silvertips.

D_Weezy

imported post

I own two 25-06 rifles and don't have any ammo for them. I haven't bought any in a long while. I can say though, that the last time I was at Cabela's in Wheeling (about 3 weeks ago) they had plenty of it. I should have bought some then. I guess I will have to go back and see about it.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I found a few Boxes at Gander Mountain. They were $50.00 a box for ballistic silvertips. That's about 17,18 more bucks than it should cost. I just don't get it. The cartridge predates the .270 andhas a bunch of diehard fans. I just can't understand how 25 06 can cost about 20 dollars more than 30 06 in some places.