• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fort Hood, Nidal Malik Hasan impeaches warriors, LEOs as trustworthy 'elites'.

jay75009

imported post

well they believe the body contains the soul, it is a temple..........and when they become a marter......the soul is released to allah............but not if the soul is screwed with lovely bacon grease before it exits the building...........i like your thinking brother :-D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

jay75009 wrote:
do you really? do you really understand the emotion? have you served? have you watched terrorists and islamic extremists kill your friends? have you held someone you grew up with in your arms as they died because of a man like him?

if not you understand nothing. everyone asks me why i carry. people like HIM are the reason, not because its my right, not because i have a cause. but because there are people who want to kill every american there is in a absolutely un-just, and insane jihad war.

you have the right to believe the criminal system should take care of him. lock him up. interrogate him. give him a lawyer. a fair trial. the chance to be heard and attempt to justify his actions. that is your right.

my right as a soldier , and someone who has sworn to defend this country and die for the people in it........is to openly admit as any other soldier would......that man should have died that day, he doesnt deserve to be heard, seen or thought of again.

you can call me wrong for saying if i could i would remove him from this planet. that is your right. but my right is to believe that he deserves exactly that. and not a stitch more.
You misdirect the intent of my posting.

It does not challenge your emotion, the righteousness of defense of one's country nor the pain of losing someone dear to you, particularly in combat. Yes, jihad is arguably the greatest evil we as free people have ever encountered.

Nevertheless, we are a nation of laws and morals. You have the privilege of volunteering and I thank you for exercising that. You have a duty to obey our laws as well as the orders of your superiors, including the rules of engagement.

In many ways, I would have preferred that Hasan had not survived, but he has and might have information about others - speculation perhaps, but such could save other lives. I doubt that he shall receive a free pass.

To suggest that you would go outside our laws and morals to gladly deal with him in such a fashion is not worthy of you. It is emotion not tempered with wisdom.

To put things in perspective, I would be one of those you would have to go through to get to him in such a manner. I have been there before - it was my job, my obligation. Additionally, it is a violation of the very precepts of OCDO - that we post and conduct ourselves legally, with responsibility and to be aware that it is a public forum, scrutinized by many.

Yata hey

Dreamer

imported post

Somebody already thought of this, and is making it commercially. It's pretty good stuff, actually. Apparently, several SEALS, Special forces, and Marine Recon troops think it's good stuff too...

http://www.silverbulletgunoil.net/

I give a little bottle to every friend or relative who deploys...

SoldierMedic

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
I too sat in church this morning and only one other knew I was weighted to the side of not being defenseless.  She backing up my 1911 with her Kel-Tec 9.  I have a need, you see.

Wish we could carry in our church.... school grounds though :banghead:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

SoldierMedic wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
I too sat in church this morning and only one other knew I was weighted to the side of not being defenseless. She backing up my 1911 with her Kel-Tec 9. I have a need, you see.
Wish we could carry in our church.... school grounds though :banghead:
Sorry to say that makes it a doubly rich potential target (GFZ) doesn't it. :(

Yata hey

Wangmuf

imported post

jay75009 wrote:
Master Doug Huffman wrote:
Nyaah, we can learn what he knows before he meets his 72 virgins. The waterboard should break him just as it has the others.
ohhh no 72 virgins for this one, he took these peoples lives and futures, we shoudl do the same, if we covor him in pigs blood, he will be un-clean......and allah wont want his A$$.........then he goes to hell too :-D he deserves it.

Soooooo close to a second page for this thread before a very un-American comment disrespecting someone's religion popped up. Sooooo close.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Wangmuf wrote:
jay75009 wrote:
Nyaah, we can learn what he knows before he meets his 72 virgins. The waterboard should break him just as it has the others.
ohhh no 72 virgins for this one, he took these peoples lives and futures, we shoudl do the same, if we covor him in pigs blood, he will be un-clean......and allah wont want his A$$.........then he goes to hell too :-D he deserves it.
Soooooo close to a second page for this thread before a very un-American comment disrespecting someone's religion popped up. Sooooo close.
There are those that either don't read or don't care about the forum rules.

[font="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]5) While you may disagree strongly with another poster based upon their opinion, we will NOT tolerate any personal attacks or general bashing of groups of people based upon race, religion, sex, or choice of occupation (e.g., being a law enforcement officer). [/font]

Have to wonder how long it will be before this thread is locked.

Yata hey

jay75009

imported post

oh yes , im un-american for hating terrorists........im not bashing a religion im bashing the man and his ideals, he wants to kill people and die for 72 virgins........i can say he doesnt deserve them. extreme islamic = terrorist..............islamic = person from the nation of islam.......extremist muslim=terrorist .........muslim= person of muslim faith...........im not bashing a religion, im saying if he thinks hes gonna get his 72 virgins........there are ways to stop his mardar dreams.

but i do condem both of you for defending a terrorist.........what is worse than islamic extremists............are islamic extremist supporters..........and you call me un-american.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

http://johnrlott.blogspot.com/

When soldiers stopped being able to carry guns around military facilities

From J. Neil Schulman:
A Clinton Administration revision to Department of Defense Directive 5210.56 — Army Regulation 190-14, dated 12 March 1993 — permits the Secretary of the Army to authorize military personnel to carry firearms “on a case by case basis” for personal protection within the continental United States, but forbids military personnel to carry their own personal firearms and both requires “a credible and specific threat” before firearms be issued for military personnel to protect themselves. It further directs that firearms “not be issued indiscriminately for that purpose.”

Thus did President Bill Clinton — Commander-in-Chief of the United States Army — apply to American military personnel under his command the same anti-gun policies his administration and a Democratic-controlled Congress applied to American civilians in the Brady Bill and Assault Weapons ban of 1994.

This Clinton policy of restricting military personnel from routinely carrying arms for protection was left in effect for the eight years of the administration of President George W. Bush — even after the 9/11 terror attacks — and even though Republicans held both the White House and majority control of both houses of Congress from January 2003 to January 2007.

John McHugh became the 21st Secretary of the U.S. Army on September 21, 2009, seven weeks prior to U.S. Army psychiatrist Major Nidal Malik Hasan’s November 5, 2009 shooting spree that murdered 13 and wounded another 38. Secretary McHugh — not reported as having the psychic power of precognition — issued no authorization for Fort Hood military personnel to be issued arms for personal protection against the specific threat of attack by Major Hasan.

Veterans Day is this Wednesday. How many times will “thank you for your service” pass the lips of talk-radio gurus who since 9/11 have sported American flag lapel pins, play-listed War-on-Terror country music, and made the Wounded Warrior Project a centerpiece of their swaggering patriotism?

It all rings so hollow now when their punditry following the Fort Hood Massacre makes it clear the bastions of American conservatism hate Jihadis far more than they love G.I.’s. . . .​

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I enlisted in the summer of 1960. (Eisenhower was PotUS) NOWHERE were personnel issue firearms (of any kind) for personal protection in CONUS. Not even aircrew. Armed watchstanders and some pheripheral perimeter duties aside, nobody routinely carried firearms. Nobody was allowed personal firearms on the station. (I know that 'cause I worked in the station armory.) This included the MarDet, which hadtheir own small arms locker. If you had any 'shootin' irons'... they were kept off station.

Other than 'Nam, nobody had personal weapons (on custody card) . Even there, few were authorized sidearms. This continued as the norm (in my experience on Navy, Marine Corps and Army installations / ships)thru to Bush I.

PotUS aside, District Commanders, Base Commanders and tenant Commands can (and do) run their own store... right down to what you may or may not wear on any given day. (It's called Uniform of the Day and posted on the Plan of the Day (POD)) Even if it's freezing out... if 'gloves' are not prescribed in the POD... you cannot wear them.) Think I'm kiddin'?

imported post

I was subject to enhanced security from 1975 until 1995 when special weapons or reactor fuel was being transported around my work sites. I am confident that the Marines guarding the fuel were effectively armed. I suspect that the large wheeled and tracked weapons guarding the special weapons were effectively armed.

imported post

AND WHO'S IN CHARGE OF INTELLIGENCE? By Neal Boortz

It's looking more and more like we had some big-time failures in intelligence in the matter of Major Nidal Hasan. He's the Islamic goon who murdered 13 of our soldiers and injured 27 others at Ft. Hood, Texas.

Today's big revelation would be that our intelligence folks new that Major Nidal Hasan was communicating with Al Qaeda. This would include the counter-intelligence division of the U.S. Army. They knew it .. but did essentially nothing. Now we're wondering how the people charged with keeping us safe could know that this Islamic thug was trying to contact Al Qaeda, and then surmise that iut was all part of his academic research.

Now we have all kinds of internal probes going on. Internal probes don't bring back fathers, mothers, sons and daughters. Internal probes aren't a salve for grief.

Our intelligence agencies work under which branch of government? That would be the executive branch. The boss would be Barack Obama. Now ... do you think we're getting the full story on Nidal Hasan from the Obama administration? Sorry, but I certainly don't. No ... I'm not saying that Obama is responsible for the intelligence failure here. I'm just suggesting that I don't really expect to get the full story with The Community Organizer at the helm.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

I was subject to enhanced security from 1975 until 1995 when special weapons or reactor fuel was being transported around my work sites. I am confident that the Marines guarding the fuel were effectively armed. I suspect that the large wheeled and tracked weapons guarding the special weapons were effectively armed.
Former RadCon here - yes they Marines were so armed - at least on the refueling of the Enterprise - enhanced security clearance required too.

Yata hey

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I used to accept and 'load' those special weapons. There'd be a pair of Marines below E-4's armed with M-16's doggin' us (always) with the weapon on the skid. We used to joke among ourselves... whatinhell are they for? 'Shoot us? So... we got all this steel... aircraft, fuel... 'n some of these guys were scared nuggets on the flight deck... 'n they've got the 'guns'. Kind of a waste of manpower. 'Had one kid... aboard Enterprise, back when AD-6's were still in service walked right into the prop. The cowl vents were open 'n I guess he mistook that for an intake... 'n went into the prop arc. 'Wasn't pretty.

Aboard Forrestal, they had a John Quick Two drill... 'n this LCPL comes runnin' down the passageway port side on the 0-3 level goin' fwd... Well... every frame there's a knee knocker (Like an oval shaped opening) that ya have to duck 'n step over. This kid comes a runnin' full tilt with a 590 shotgun at port arms... 'n steps 'on'... not over the knee knocker. Well... this drives his skull into the top of that 'oval' opening. Knocked him out cold. I secured the shotgun in my office 'n called the Bridge for Medical Emergency (Frame/ Deck/ Compartment number) then the MarDet Duty Office. 'Couple folks were already attending to this guys melon... but we didn't know if he'd broke his skull... neck or what.

So... here comes this MGYSGT at the dubble 'n all he's worried about is 'Where's the weapon?' Nuthin' 'bout LCPL Schmedlap who's had hischimes rung... just 'Where's the weapon?' I'm helpin' the Corpsman get this dude into a Stokes stretcher... 'n recruited a couple 'volunteers' to carry this guy up to the flight deck so he could go below on the deck edge elevator rather than dragged down a series of ladders from the O-3 level. (I'd already called Flt Dk Control for that purpose... then G-1 to stand by a bomb elevator on the fwd hanger deck to get him to the 2nd deck 'n into Sick Bay.) G-2 or G-3 would be at the elevator on the mess decks (fwd bomb assembly) to open the elevator door (I assumed).

So... I let this MGSGT 'cook' a bit 'til the veins were bulgin' out of his neck... 'n flecks of spittle formed at the corners of his mouth 'cause nobody much is payin' any attention to him at this point. (Sailors... Airdales in particular, are not much impressed with such antics.) Soooo... Schmedlap is off to the Baksi,di-di-mau, still in la-la-land 'n this MGunny is turning purplish in the passageway... I deadpanned it past him... 'opened the door to my office 'n say... "Pssst... 'got a present for ya." I jacked the slide open, 'n dumpeda round on the desk. What followed next is unprintable 'cause this dude had no sense of humor at all. 'Have a nice day..." :)

I had occasion to take the new MarDet CO (Marine Infantry type Captain) up on the flight deck for a Fam&I (during flight ops)so he could do a better pass-down to his troops. He lasted about30 minutes. 'Told me he'd been in combat, but that deck 'Scares the hell outta me!" (Good)

suntzu

imported post

A thought while sitting in Church and disarmed by the ignorant conspirators. How do we respond to "How can a citizen be trusted armed when an 'officer' may not be trustworthy?"

Truly we are not equal.
"may not be trustworthy"? I would go a step further and say that they are not trustworthy.

I make a distinction--at least the law abiding people are not out abusing the rights of others, assaulting them, harassing, cajoling or intimidating the people in an attempt to show them "who is boss".

That is why I think many of the people and not the government are trustworthy in my opinion.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

A thought while sitting in Church and disarmed by the ignorant conspirators. How do we respond to "How can a citizen be trusted armed when an 'officer' may not be trustworthy?"

Truly we are not equal.
Trust that the government will almost always do the wrong thing and allow criminals to roam free and be armed just about everywhere.

We don't deal in possibilities. We deal in statistics and probability. Both prove that an armed society is a polite, and low-crime society.

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
We don't deal in possibilities. We deal in statistics and probability. Both prove that an armed society is a polite, and low-crime society.
Who is the 'we' that deals in statistics proving anything? My impression is that the very concept of proof, let alone statistical proof, is rejected here as mumbo-jumbo.

I would appreciate you walking me, and us, through a statistical proof of an armed society as civil.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Who is the 'we' that deals in statistics proving anything? My impression is that the very concept of proof, let alone statistical proof, is rejected here as mumbo-jumbo.

I would appreciate you walking me, and us, through a statistical proof of an armed society as civil.
Weren't you one of many people citing the FBI Uniform Crime Reports proving this? Don't use your low post count account to suddenly pretend you are ignorant.