• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Haven P.D ilegal additional application REQUIREMENT

Edward Peruta

imported post

Please view this file to see a perfect example of an illegal additional requirement required to make a Permit to Carry Application with the New Haven P.D..

I recommend that this WAIVER NOT BE SIGNED or submitted, and an immediate appeal to the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners be filed requesting an expedited hearing.

Please join and financially support The Connecticut Citizen's Defense League by visiting their website at http://www.ccdl.us.

Anyone with documents like this which are being required by local issuing authorities should be scanned and emailed to The Board of Firearms Permit Examiners or faxed to their fax number.

Members of the board will be looking at evidence to determine two requests for Declaratory Rulings on what is required to submit a Permit to Carry application.

Edward Peruta

imported post

The Board of Firearms Permit Examiners has this issue and WILL be rendering a declaratory ruling on requirements like this.

My suggestion would be to have the CCDL ask their membership to gather up the application documents from various local issuing authorities, review then for additional requirements and submit a package to the Board as evidence of EXACTLY what is going on regarding applications in CT.

I know that the issue of THREE REFERENCE letters will not be permitted, and suspect that waivers of this type will also be rejected if the board is presented with what they require.

The application process has taken on a life of its own over the years because there has never been a watchdog group to advocate in behalf of Permit to Carry applicants.

Please consider joining and financially supporting the Connecticut Citizen's Defense League by visiting http://www.ccdl.us.

Thank you in advance for doing the right thing.

Edward Peruta

imported post

The New Haven Police Department is currentlyrequiring additional documents and waivers as part of the Permit to Carry process that are illegal and NOT allowed by current law or regulations.

I have posted a link to the New Haven P.D. waiver THAT SHOULD NOT BE EXECUTED OR SUBMITTED.

THIS WAIVER IS PRINTED ON NEW HAVEN POLICE DEPARTMENT STATIONARY and will be submitted to the Board of Firearms Permit Examiners as evidence of the improper demands being placed on Permit to Carry applicants.

AUTHORIZATION FOR THE RELEASE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION

I, _________________________ hereby authorize a review and full disclosure of all records, concerning myself, to any agent of the New Haven Department of Police Service, whether these records are of public, private, or confidential nature, including :

1.Educational institutes.

2.Commercial or retail credit agencies (including credit reports and ratings).

3.Medical or psychiatric treatment and/or consultation including hospitals, clinics, private practitioners and the U.S. Veteran’s Administration.

4.Employment and pre-employment records, including background reports, efficiency ratings, complaints, disciplinary matters And/or grievances filed by or against me, and salary records.

5.Records of complaints, arrests, trail and/or convictions for alleged or actual violations of the law, including criminal and/or traffic records, probation records, complaints of civil nature made by or against me, and the records and/or recollection of any attorney representing me or any person in a case in which I presently have had an interest.

It is the intent of this authorization to provide full and free access to the background and history of my personal life, the special purpose of pursuing a background investigation which may provide data for the New Haven Department of Police Service in determine suitability for a pistol permit. It is my specific intent to provide personal information, however personal or confidential it may appear to be, and the sources of information specifically mentioned herein.

I understand what the New Haven Department of Police Service learns from these records will be considered in determining the suitability for a pistol permit. I have had this explained to me and I fully understand that the refusal to grant this authorization will make it impossible for the New Haven Department of Police Service to consider my application.

A photocopy of this release will be valid as an original, even though the photocopy does not contain the original signature.

Date ____________ Signature__________________________________________________

Address ____________________________________________ SS# ___________________

Subscribed and Sworn to before me this ________ day of ______________ 20___.

ABSOLUTELY OUTRAGEOUS and BEYOND BELIEF

I DOUBT ANYONE CAN HAVE THE IMPACT OF THIS WAVIER FULLY EXPLAINED OR REALIZE THE IMPACT THAT EXECUTING SAME COULD HAVE REGARDLESS OF THE WHY THE WAIVER IS EXECUTED.

JUMPMASTER

imported post

Does New Haven ask for this form to be signed when applying fora New Haven ID Card? You know, the ones they are giving to Illegal Aliens so that they can use the library, swimming pools, etc...

bennor

imported post

They had the same document I had to sign and have notarized when I went though the New Haven permit back in late 2007. I've scanned in to PDF format all the application documents that I received from the NHPDand it runs some 10 pages. There was document that detailed what fee's had to be paid, however that document conflicted with the other applicationdocuments. Imade several calls to the firearms unit of the NHPD to try and get it clarified. The detectives couldn't understand my confusion until they actually read the documents to me on the phone. I then got a long pause followed by something to the effect of "yes that is confusing".:?

When the NHPDjogged past the eight weeklimit I started calling them weekly to enquire about the status and making notes as to who I called and what was said.I alsocalled the Board of Firearms Permit Examinerswho at the time told me that all I could do was to file an appeal and hopefully they'd get to by 2010. They said they knew all about the larger towns taking way past the eight week period to issue permits but that they couldn't do much unless your application was "denied". I called the State Police Special Licensing and Firearms Unit and spoke to a Detective there about the NHPD long delay and he offered to call NHPDand see what could be done but there wasn't much more anyone could do until your permit was denied. The entire process was very frustrating.I dropped off my permit on October 16th, 2007 and the temporary permit was finally signed on April 10th, 2008.

NHPD also required an in person interview during the process as well. They asked 10 to 12 questions during the interview. To my knowledge they didn't contact my then place of employment or any of my neighbors at the time.

Edward Peruta

imported post

This notice has been sent out to ALL issuing authorities in CT.

The Board of Firearms Permit Examiners will issue a declaratory ruling on the following issue:

“With respect to a permit to carry a pistol or revolver, is a person unsuitable if he does not supply to the issuing authority upon demand any additional information beyond that required by the standard state application form?”

The Board has scheduled this issue for its January 14, 2010 meeting. Because this is a pure question of law, no evidence or oral testimony will be received.

Previously, the Board had named as parties

Mr. Jack Goldberg, 530 Maple Street, Wethersfield, CT 06109

Mr. Scott Wilson, Sr., 8 Summer Street, New London, CT 06320

both of whom had filed similar requests with the Board. The Board had also given notice to the Department of Public Safety because that agency presents revocations and denials to the Board on behalf of issuing authorities.

At its December 10, 2009 meeting, the Board decided to add the local issuing authorities because of the importance of the question presented to these agencies. You are receiving this notice because you are either a petitioner or an issuing authority.

Any party interested in commenting on this issue should submit comments to the Board prior to its January 14, 2010 meeting. Eight (8) copies should be presented or a PDF file may be submitted.

Very truly yours,

Signed by the Chairman and Secretary of the Board

Elmhead

imported post

New Haven, CT is the true home of the original Winchester Rifle. As a Kid, I grew up 4 blocks from the site. Many of the guidelines set by the New Haven Police Department for gun applicants are to discourage one for applying for a Pistol Permit by having them divulging personal and employment information. Whatz wrong with telling your employer you are applying 4 A Gun?This certainly would'nt change how an employer sees his employee?In 2010, In reality, the root cause of unreasonable search in New Haven lies in it's efforts to dissuade it's Large Black and Latino Population to ever legally acquire a handgun- Disarm the Negro, a good place to start to understand how and why gun laws were created-Google Search the Phrase and see whatcha get. Furthermore, there are some that say that the second amendment was created to allow rednecks to control and capture escaped slaves in the Confederate South(Militia=Slavecatchers)-Finally, the revolution in Haiti(Slaves defeated Napoleon's Army to create the first nation that originated by Blacks{Africans} overcomming their oppressors) and with Denmark Vessey & Nat Turner freeing the oppressed in the VA, NC, and GA; the armed militia, KKK, and slaveholders were sheiting their pants- to accomodate the rednecks(plantation owners) Northerners who did not have this problem,the 2nd amend. was passed to appease armed white thugs who were worried by revolts by people of colour- to keep a peculiar institution alive.
http://www.elmcitysports.com
:banghead:Elmhead NRA Training Counselor

Edward Peruta

imported post

The Board rendered a Declaratory Ruling at their meeting last week and it will be publicly available this week.

Contact Susan at the Board and she will let you know when it will be ready and may send you a copy via email.

dcmdon

imported post

Thanks Ed,

Will someone be posting the result here? I give pistol instruction locally in Essex, CT and we don't have any of these kinds of "extras", but its a little scary none the less.