• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone have any idea what caliber this might be?

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

AH HA! So you are the culprit vandalizing the construction vehicles all around the community! I shall go collect my reward now and turn you in. :celebrate

But anyways, I'll just have to go find out what this rifle will shoot through :).

rickomatic

imported post

I have one of those Spanish Mausers that I bought maybe 20 years ago. Big 5 was selling them and they were the ones that had been rebarrelled to 7.62x51 NATO. I just went and looked at mine, and if you look on the left side of the receiver right by where the gas relief hole is, look for a faint 7.62 CAL stamping. That's what mine has. That should tell you if it's one of the ones that has been rebarreled to 7.62x51 NATO. If it is , do NOT fire .308 in it. The steel is not strong enough for .308 pressures.

fritzv

imported post

the safty on mine is kind of hard to set to on but the bote lock is smooth to set. both are easy to unlock. must be a burr on it. last box of shells cost 24.95.

i don't make it a habit to shoot bull dozers but this one tried to attack me.:lol: