Thread: MWAG discussion with 911 dispatcher

Post imported post

My cousin is a 911 operator. I was just at a family gathering with her. I'd been meaning to solicit her opinon on MWAG calls. I was recounting the call made on us at the most recentFirestone OC gathering. Before I could ask her anything, she interrupted with, "Why do people waste our time with that? I always want to ask 'Was the gun pointed at you? Then don't bleepin' worry about it!"

Apparently however, MWAG calls are not the worst profiling she gets. The real award winners go to people who call in and say, "Help, there's a black man who is....actually WALKING through my neighbourhood!" She says silence is usually the best response. Let them think through what they've actually just said. "So, the MWAG is suddenly dangerous because he also happens to have long hair?"

Post imported post

Amazing... Just, amazing. I can understand in liberal states about MWAG calls but this is Colorado.

Post imported post

I did a "ride along" in dispatch several years ago. During that time there was one old bitty that called - on 911 - seven times about a dead squirrel at her curb. Some of those calls overlapped with valid 911 calls.

They ceased when an officer arrived at her door and told her that another call about the squirrel would land her in jail. He also told her to call animal control in the morning.