• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to OC

mdsmeck

imported post

Hi All...

My name is Mike and I just learned about "Open Carry" in Ohio after researching "Concealed Carry"...

I am currently running a BCI and FBI check on myself to ensure that there is nothing on my record that precludes me from legally purchasing a handgun, nor interferes with my OC or with applying for a CCW License...

Are there any other members out there from Amherst, Ohio or surrounding areas???

I would really like to get more involved on the local level...

Thanks In Advance and See Ya Around the Forum...

Mike...

mdsmeck

imported post

Hey Jslack...Thanks for the reply...

Looked through the Members and didn't find a whole lot of folks from Ohio here...

Several from our area, but not real active...

Have you personally had any bad experiences with OC and LEOsin our area???

Thanks In Advance...

Mike - Class or '78 - FUHS (Fairfield Union High School)- Lancaster, Ohio...

JSlack7851

imported post

Funny you should ask. To this day there are still rules in this park prohibiting open and concealed carry. As you may or may not know, that is in violation of ORC 9.68, which specifically 'prempts' local ordinance. I captured the experience on my voice recorder for all to enjoy and learn from. Although I post my experience with several Second Amendment / gun rights organizations, my right to open carry is still subject to repeated harassment by LEO and NOBODY wants to challenge LEO or even talk to the park service about their rules being in violation of Article 2, The Ohio Constitution, and ORC 9.68. Enjoy!

http://ohioccwforums.org/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=31675