• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orange County UOC non group First time!

greengum

imported post

So after the group meet I decided to UOC for the first time without a group. I started the day off at kinko's and made up about 10 copies of the flyers. I went to my local AM/PM to get my smokes. The lady behind the counter gasped at the gun and said it was pretty cool.

Our dishwasher drain hose broke so my father and I went to home depot. No one really noticed. We were hungry and decided to go to the local carneceria for some chicken fajitas. I also picked that spot cause it is in a shady neighborhood and also has a security guard who open carries. As soon as we entered the guard noticed and gave me a look. I saw him go to the back of the store and get another older security guard. They both stood at the front door and watched me as I shopped. This is where it gets interesting.

I went to the back of the store to get onions and avacados. My father was at the meat counter next to the security guards. He was getting chariso! (spelling?) Anyways two younger guys who looked straight out of central casting as gang members. Tatoos and baggy clothes. They went to the security and complained that I had a gun. The security guards pretty much ignored them. They then got louder so that even I could hear them in the back of the store. By now everyone inside was staring at me. There were about 25 people in the store at the time. My father chimes in at this time and informs the younger gentlemen that it is not illegal. They then ask for confirmation from the security guards. Security informs them that it is in fact legal and they do not mind one bit. My father then suggest to the concerned gentlemen that they read the Constitution. They replied back in spanish then said "F*ck these crazy white motha f*ckers" then walked out.

I paid for my items and security told me to have a wonderful day as I walked out. They both smiled. I got to my car which was parked right in front of their front door. I started it up and look up at the door to find EVERYONE in the store staring at me. I simply waved and left.

On my way home my father needed some vodka so we stopped at smart and final. No one noticed till my father mentioned something to the cashier. (pro tip don't shop with dad! He may always pay but he has a big mouth!) This led to a group surrounding me outside asking all sorts of questions in a positive way.

All in all a great day and I wish I would have printed out more flyers. I ran out at smart and final and their were more people who wanted some more info. I simply told them to come on down to opencarry.org.

oc4ever

imported post

If you were trying to draw a lot of attention, you did a great job. Maybe good ol' dad needs to help keep it a little lower profile, and not announce your presence to all within earshot.. Your "new" gang banger friends you met were pis*ed-off because they are convicted felons (or aliens) ,and will never be able to legally carry. Besides they don't like crazy white guys with guns, because we are pretty good shots!!!

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

LOL @ gang members getting cranky because they can't break the law without an equal and opposite reaction.

And what security guards do in CA, at least, is not technically open carry. It's exposed firearm permit carry within the scope of their employment. No permit pretty much means you can either sling an unloaded long gun, or have no gun at all (perversely legally).

coolusername2007

imported post

ROFL!!! Geez man, you sure know how to make a scene. Audio! We need audio of the freaked out gangster types!

Note to all: notice how theunsavory guys immediately left the scene. They did not attempt to get unruly, they simply left. In the presence of a strong deterrent and one's own ability to defend one's self, they simply leave you (and others around you) alone. Peace through strength. Carry on!

heliopolissolutions

imported post

And its spelled "chorizo", hey you asked.

But please..don't eat it, or if you do, never ask where it comes from.

You know the saying: don't go looking for trouble?
Well, I guess sometimes you should say "**** it, I deserve to feel safe".

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:

There's this stuff called soyrizo. Say what you want about soy (I do) but this stuff tastes goood with eggs if you haven't eaten meat in a while.

soyrizo.jpg

coolusername2007

imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:

You know the saying: don't go looking for trouble?
Well, I guess sometimes you should say "@#$% it, I deserve to feel safe".
Hey, chorizo is great! Nothing better than chorizo con huevoson a Sunday morning.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

greengum wrote:
"F*ck these crazy white motha f*ckers" then walked out.

Some creedence should be given to the warning that UOC will not always flummox gang bangers in this fashion. As has been noted, the reaction this time was a nearly immediate and loud exodus from the presence of armed citizenry. This aversion to armed individuals could possibly result in an confrontation where the aggressor will attempt to instigate retaliation. Realistically, this strategy could be used by an anti-gunner as well, even at organized events where there is strength in numbers.

Our responsibility is to immunize ourselves from being easily provoked and surround ourselves with sufficient friendly witnesses, so that our actions are not colored by the commentary of those who oppose us.

While the OP may have had family nearby, and the security guards seemed to approve, there are no guarantees on how this event may be percieved or interpreted by strangers- either as RP's or jurists.

NightOwl

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
There's this stuff called soyrizo. Say what you want about soy (I do) but this stuff tastes goood with eggs if you haven't eaten meat in a while.

Soy has estrogen-like effects on the body, just so you're aware. Personally I won't touch the stuff, no need to mess with my hormones by adding that, but ymmv.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

NightOwl wrote:
N6ATF wrote:

Soy has estrogen-like effects on the body, just so you're aware. Personally I won't touch the stuff, no need to mess with my hormones by adding that, but ymmv.
:what:So male vegetarians are attempting sex changes? :lol:

coolusername2007

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
NightOwl wrote:
N6ATF wrote:

Maybe not, butI don't trust any man who doesn't eat meat. That's just weird! :lol:

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

NightOwl wrote:
N6ATF wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoestrogen#Males

Like most things we ingest, there are pros and cons to phytoestrogens. Unless you're eating some ridiculous amount of soy products, you'll never notice anything. Try to not eat anything soy in a week and you will likely fail.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
NightOwl wrote:
N6ATF wrote:

Maybe not, butI don't trust any man who doesn't eat meat. That's just weird! :lol:
Or for me, near-suicidal (dangerously underweight from the 1 year foray). Eating all types of protein other than avian and bovine flesh doesn't cut it. I gotta eat it all.

NightOwl

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
NightOwl wrote:
N6ATF wrote:

Like most things we ingest, there are pros and cons to phytoestrogens. Unless you're eating some ridiculous amount of soy products, you'll never notice anything. Try to not eat anything soy in a week and you will likely fail.

I see your wikipedia, and raise you afew of random scientific studies performed by impartial 3rd parties (the studies might be links on the page, or quoted from directly). As far as not eating soy in a week, I assure you that I don't fail in that. I've been avoiding that stuff for years. I read labels when I shop, and cook my own food predominantly. I don't serve anything with soy in it to dinner guests, either. When I eat out, I check the information on what I'm eating (within reason, I'm not asking if there's soy in my steak, obviously).

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Endocrinology/Infertility/10254

http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/16/4/829.abstract

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/04malehealth.htm

Anyhow, infertility, erectile dysfunction, reduced testosterone, etc...doesn't sound like something I care to ingest. Again, ymmv.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

I think his point was that soy is in...everything.

Man. I wish LEO found chorizo more interesting and provoking than OC.

Gundude

imported post

NightOwl wrote:
bigtoe416 wrote:
NightOwl wrote:
N6ATF wrote:

I see your wikipedia, and raise you afew of random scientific studies performed by impartial 3rd parties (the studies might be links on the page, or quoted from directly). As far as not eating soy in a week, I assure you that I don't fail in that. I've been avoiding that stuff for years. I read labels when I shop, and cook my own food predominantly. I don't serve anything with soy in it to dinner guests, either. When I eat out, I check the information on what I'm eating (within reason, I'm not asking if there's soy in my steak, obviously).

http://www.medpagetoday.com/Endocrinology/Infertility/10254

http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/16/4/829.abstract

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/04malehealth.htm

Anyhow, infertility, erectile dysfunction, reduced testosterone, etc...doesn't sound like something I care to ingest. Again, ymmv.
It sounds like you're so healthy you may eventually die from absolutly nothing.

NightOwl

imported post

Soy isn't in everything, it's very easy to avoid if you look for it. I caught that's what he meant, and was just saying that it's quite avoidable if you choose to do so.

lol I'm not THAT healthy. I pick and choose my battles, living a life that consists of exclusively what's the most healthy sounds boring. This just happens to be one of the things I picked to avoid, as I'm happy being the gender that I am.

Anyway, sorry for derailing. But now that it's part of the conversation...how about feeding mass amounts of soy to offending police departments as a way of reducing their testosterone production/agressiveness? I'll be happy to pitch in to the PD Soy Protein fund, if anybody gets one going...kidding of course.