• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Orange County UOC non group First time!

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

greengum wrote:
We were hungry and decided to go to the local carneceria for some chicken fajitas. I also picked that spot cause it is in a shady neighborhood and also has a security guard who open carries. As soon as we entered the guard noticed and ...
Bad sign....

ConditionThree wrote:
greengum wrote:
"F*ck these crazy white motha f*ckers" then walked out.

Some creedence should be given to the warning that UOC will not always flummox gang bangers in this fashion. As has been noted, the reaction this time was a nearly immediate and loud exodus from the presence of armed citizenry. This aversion to armed individuals could possibly result in an confrontation where the aggressor will attempt to instigate retaliation. Realistically, this strategy could be used by an anti-gunner as well, even at organized events where there is strength in numbers.

Our responsibility is to immunize ourselves from being easily provoked and surround ourselves with sufficient friendly witnesses, so that our actions are not colored by the commentary of those who oppose us.

While the OP may have had family nearby, and the security guards seemed to approve, there are no guarantees on how this event may be percieved or interpreted by strangers- either as RP's or jurists.
Very good points.

I wonder if OP has read them?