• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC'er Lunch

tntorqu

imported post

We need to devise a plan about OC'ers lunch for people that live on the north shore. Like for example Hammond, Ponchatoula, Covington or slidell and any other city that would like to come. If you have any Ideas please feel free toput your feedback.

4angrybadgers

imported post

I vote for a Saturday meetup at the Cracker Barrel in Hammond.
(OK OK, I have a vested interest... my mother works there. :p)

I'd be game for anything on a Saturday along the Hammond-Covington-Slidell corridor. It might be hard to coordinate close to the holidays though...

sraacke

imported post

Cracker Barrel is nice. We've had at least one OC meetup at a Cracker Barrel. One thing I would advise against is setting the time during the usual rush times (11-2pm) for example. The crowd makes getting a table difficult, the wait staff is rushed and doesn't seem to have much time to devote to takeing care of everyone properly and instead of being able to relax and socialize you are taking up table space that the management wants you to clear out of so another party can be seated and served.

turbodog

imported post

Oooo, I'm good for a couple of Saturdays this month! My screwed up work schedule, blech...

Count me in on either the 21st or 28th if either one suits y'all.

tntorqu

imported post

well if we get about 10 people that are definately coming we can do that. like on the 21st of this month. That would be good. You can include your wife. but 10 people that open carry.

4sooth

imported post

Any Saturday would be good--either early AM or afternoon. Avoiding the rush is a good idea--my family eats at the Slidell Cracker Barrel frequently and it is VERY crowded 11-2.

turbodog

imported post

4sooth wrote:
Any Saturday would be good--either early AM or afternoon. Avoiding the rush is a good idea--my family eats at the Slidell Cracker Barrel frequently and it is VERY crowded 11-2.
I'm with doing it in the am. Then I got the rest of the day to do whatever I got ta do.

Slidell Jim

imported post

I work about 3 minutes from the Slidell Craker barrel, so that works for me. would really like to meet some of you.

Slidell Jim

imported post

What do you guys think about an OC event like a litter cleanup or graffiti cleanup. Not that I can think of any place that needs it (graffiti) here in Slidell. What about a OC picnic at Heritage park or John Slidell park, on a Saturday. I would rather get out on the street to promote our cause a little bit, than in a building somewhere that we will get little exposure.

Some folks may not want any exposure, or to be promoting any 'cause'. I wouldn't think then that those folks would be regulars on OCDO..... but may be I'm reading into things too much.

Anyway, Just what are your thoughts on the idea?

turbodog

imported post

Slidell Jim wrote:
What do you guys think about an OC event like a litter cleanup or graffiti cleanup. Not that I can think of any place that needs it (graffiti) here in Slidell. What about a OC picnic at Heritage park or John Slidell park, on a Saturday. I would rather get out on the street to promote our cause a little bit, than in a building somewhere that we will get little exposure.

Some folks may not want any exposure, or to be promoting any 'cause'. I wouldn't think then that those folks would be regulars on OCDO..... but may be I'm reading into things too much.

Ha! A man after my own heart! Ya gotta join LOCAL!

georg jetson

imported post

Slidell Jim wrote:
I work about 3 minutes from the Slidell Craker barrel, so that works for me. would really like to meet some of you.
The Slidell Cracker Barrel?? If that's where we're meetin' then I'm in... I can't make Hammond on Saturday.

EXCELLENT idea Jim, to do somthing helpful to(for) the community AND being more NOTICEABLE.

sraacke

imported post

turbodog wrote:
Slidell Jim wrote:

+1 LOCAL has been working on a Adopt-a-Highway pickup program but we just don't have the number of members necessary to make this a realistic effort yet. We have also begun setting up regular meetups, and other educational efforts.

tntorqu

imported post

yale wrote:
turbodog wrote:
Slidell Jim wrote:

+1 LOCAL has been working on a Adopt-a-Highway pickup program but we just don't have the number of members necessary to make this a realistic effort yet. We have also begun setting up regular meetups, and other educational efforts.
So what are you asking. Are you looking for people or what.Where are the regular meetups