• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What defines a 'domestic terrorist?'

r6-rider

imported post

i dont know why almost every gang out there isnt labeled as domestic terrorist. a terrorist is someone who wants to promote fear by ways of deadly force and "terrorize" right?

there are plenty of gangs and individuals that can/should be labeled as terrorist and arent. hell look at nidal, hes a terrorist but for some reason the government wont call him that cause they dont want to hurt the rest of the muslims feelings

Batousaii

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
i dont know why almost every gang out there isnt labeled as domestic terrorist. <snip>

+1

I have often wondered why Gangs are not labeled as terrorists. The same actions in desert conditions and little cities over seas are worth going to war over... but in the USA we are afraid to label them because of political correctness? - REALLY ? - how they reason this eludes me and makes me feel the whole P.C. philosophy is a scam. Maybe they want it to be a mess here so they have something worth controlling? I hate to think that's true, but fail to see many other reasons they would allow our own streets to flood with domestic terrorists wearing uniforms (gangs), yetwork to disarm the citizens at the same time... it is a very uneasy combination of events, i dare say suspicious.

- we absolutely need to realise that we have uniformed terrorists in our midst's.

Bat

joshuaeberly

imported post

A "domestic terrorist" is anyone who disagrees with the powers that be.
that's the way it is
that's the way it's gonna stay.
at least until the sheeple wake up and stop following the money.

Alexcabbie

imported post

xd-40 wrote:
that's the way it is
While I abhor what was done at Oklahoma City by Tim McVeigh et al, note this well: All those apologists for AlQaeda who wag their fingers and say "Remember: One man's "Terrorist" is another man's "Freedom Fighter"" sure as hell didn't say that about Tim. When they say that stuff, try saying: OH, yeah you mean like Timothy McVeigh!" I just did that today. Drives 'em NUTS.

Decoligny

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
xd-40 wrote:
that's the way it is
While I abhor what was done at Oklahoma City by Tim McVeigh et al, note this well: All those apologists for AlQaeda who wag their fingers and say "Remember: One man's "Terrorist" is another man's "Freedom Fighter"" sure as hell didn't say that about Tim. When they say that stuff, try saying: OH, yeah you mean like Timothy McVeigh!" I just did that today. Drives 'em NUTS.

A domestic terrorist is someone who is local to the U.S., i.e. domestic, and who commits a terrorist act.

Some are claiming that this was an act of war, because the target was military. This however is not the case. For it to be an act of war, it has to be the uniformed soldiers of another nation attacking our military.

The Major is a traitor, and a domestic terrorist.

As far as McVeigh goes, I think his punishment was too light. He should have been staked out on the pavement in front of the Murrah Building under a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood. Every survivor, and every relative of the victims should have had the opportunity to place a piece of rubble from the Murrah Building on top of the plywood, until the plywood was laying flat on the pavement.

This might sound harsh but his victims died of crushing injuries. They were not necessarily quick deaths. I know, as I responded to the Murrah Building as an EMT.

joshuaeberly

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
xd-40 wrote:
that's the way it is
I also abhor his actions, but I cannot bring myself to condemn him for his anger.
he had justified beefs with the govt, but chose to address them by murdering innocents. can anyone on here honestly say that the governments conduct at ruby ridge or waco did not outrage them? does not still outrage them? but how many lunatics actually think that attacking innocent women and children, or even the institutions that stepped out of bounds is acceptable? I sure as hell don't.

Alexcabbie

imported post

I had the wierdest dream the morning MvVeigh was executed. I dreamed I was visiting him in his cell and assked how he would get out of this one. He pulled back the blanket on hiss cot and there was a flintlock musket. Then steps came down the hall and I (this being a dream) hid as they took him away. When they had gone I stepped out and saw the musket laying disassembled in pieces on the floor and the clock said 7:18 (I think)

Then I awoke and turned on the TV and the announcer stated that McVeigh had been executed at the exact time I saw on the clock!!!

It was probably my neighbor's loud radio or something, but at the time I was so shaken (the dream happened as the execution was being carried out 700 miles away in Terre Haute, Indiana) that I poured two fingers of bourbon into a tumbler and tossed it down. There's probably as I said an explanation, but boy I get the willies even now thinking about it.

Sheriff

imported post

I forget what city, but a gentleman had just been issued a parking ticket even though he was at the car and prepared to move it. He told the meter maid he ought to run over her. He was arrested for terrorism and hauled off to jail.

"Terrorism" is the new catch-all phrase that can be applied to almost any situation. Just like the catch-allphrase a decade ago was "stalking".

Sheriff

imported post

I forget what city, but a gentleman had just been issued a parking ticket even though he was at the car and prepared to move it. He told the meter maid he ought to run over her. He was arrested for terrorism and hauled off to jail.

"Terrorism" is the new catch-all phrase that can be applied to almost any situation. Just like the catch-allphrase a decade ago was "stalking".

Sheriff

imported post

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

I was listening to a Chuckton, SC local talk show when an older gentleman called, furious at the SS Admin. He threatened to "park a Ryder-rent-a-truck in front of the local federal building." His arrest made headlines the next day and the fat Lewinsky smoking Dan Moon denies to this day that he ratted the guy out and that the SS monitors his program.

Dreamer

imported post

Under the Patriot Act, ANY act that uses the threat of violence or instills fear and seeks to influence or coerce the public or the government toward a specific agenda is "terrorism".

Technically, under the Patriot Act's definition of "terrorism", the mainstream media--BOTH the "left" and the "right" are terrorists, because they are using fear to influence or coerse the people...

Take SPECIAL notice of the parts I've highlighted in RED in the below "House Resoution" (which was passed, and is now a Federal Statute):

H.R.3162
Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism (USA PATRIOT ACT) Act of 2001 (Enrolled Bill (Sent to President))

SEC. 802. DEFINITION OF DOMESTIC TERRORISM.
  • (a) DOMESTIC TERRORISM DEFINED- Section 2331 of title 18, United States Code, is amended--
    • (1) in paragraph (1)(B)(iii), by striking `by assassination or kidnapping' and inserting `by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping';
    • (2) in paragraph (3), by striking `and';
    • (3) in paragraph (4), by striking the period at the end and inserting `; and'; and
    • (4) by adding at the end the following:
    • `(5) the term `domestic terrorism' means activities that--
      • `(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
      • `(B) appear to be intended--
        • `(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
        • `(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
        • `(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
      • `(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.'.
  • (b) CONFORMING AMENDMENT- Section 3077(1) of title 18, United States Code, is amended to read as follows:
    • `(1) `act of terrorism' means an act of domestic or international terrorism as defined in section 2331;'.

The Atomic Ass

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Technically, under the Patriot Act's definition of "terrorism", the mainstream media--BOTH the "left" and the "right" are terrorists, because they are using fear to influence or coerse the people...
Technically. Realistically, they have an exemption because they instill the exact kind of fear that their masters want.

Technically, the passage of Patriot Act you quoted could read to include voting. Voting seeks to influence government policy by "intimidation" (Change your policies, or your Ass is out of a job!)

Dreamer

imported post

My point exactly. The Patriot Act, essentially, codified it into Federal Law that it is now considered an act of "terrorism" for anyone to promote (in a convincing manner) any belief, agenda, or political goal that is outside the endgame of the "powers that be".

Essentially, the Patriot Act makes ANY citizen of the US, who believes in the Constitution, and the Rule of Law, and holds the belief that the government is the SERVANT of the people (and not their master) a de facto "domestic terrorist"...

Thank you, Bush Administration.

The Republican Presidency, aided and abetted by a Democratically-controlled Congress have effectively made most of the citizens of this nation "suspects" in the "War on Terror". There is no "right" or "left"--they are merely two sides of the same fithly coin, which is minted by the biggest theives of all--the Federal Reserve and it's associated Banks.

Not since the "Alien and Sedition Acts" of 1798 has the government passed a law so brazenly intended to punish people who exercise their 1A rights and to, in such a bald-faced manner, cow and coerce the American People to keep silent when they disagree with the theft, thuggery, and inhumanity of the "ruling class"...

Sometimes, I completely understand what our First Lady meant when she said she used to be ashamed to be an American. The Patriot Act is something that should be shameful and unconscionable to ALL Americans. And the people who voted for it should all be held accountable--in the polls, in the press, and on the Commons of every city and town of our great nation.

I imagine that I qualify for certain--I own firearms and carry them daily, and I own 3 printing presses and know how to use them. I routinely exercise both the 1A AND the 2A regularly, and I imagine a skill set like THAT is REALLY scary to the "powers that be"...

canadian

imported post

xd-40 wrote:
I also abhor his actions, but I cannot bring myself to condemn him for his anger.
he had justified beefs with the govt, but chose to address them by murdering innocents. can anyone on here honestly say that the governments conduct at ruby ridge or waco did not outrage them? does not still outrage them? but how many lunatics actually think that attacking innocent women and children, or even the institutions that stepped out of bounds is acceptable? I sure as hell don't.

Onecould argue that anyone in the employ of the federal government is a collaborator. Same with the people who use their services.

Remember, "they" like to surround themselves withcollaborators for exactly this purpose.

Alexcabbie

imported post

I publish a cheeky nationalist blog and just put up a rant about Islam. So far not a peep. I also called Obama a "Piece of s&*^" out loud on You Tube - the vid is still up there - and has been for about six months - amd I don't have any problem passing the Brady Checks. No visits from Der SS either. Nor from Homeland Security but I am none too worried about them as Janet Neapolitano's fat butt couldn't get through the front door in any case.

Yall can bitch about the Patriot Act all you want. Me, I am going to enjoy free breakfast at KrispyKreme, free lunch at the Golden Somethingorother, aand free dinner at Applebee's; seeing as I am a Veteran. (today is Veteran's - formerly Armistice-Day.)