Thread: Church and child Daycare

Post imported post

I realize you can not legaly carry in a place of worship. Does that include the whole property or is it legal to carry in the parking lot? I also realize it is illegal to carry on school grounds. Is a child daycare considered a school? What if "learning center" is in the title?

Post imported post

Per MSCode 97-37-1
    (2) It shall not be a violation of this section for any person over the age of eighteen (18) years to carry a firearm or deadly weapon concealed in whole or in part within the confines of his own home or his place of business, or any real property associated with his home or business or within any motor vehicle.
    Also Per 97-37-17.
    (6) It shall not be a violation of this section for any person to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, any gun, rifle, pistol or other firearm of any kind on educational property if:

(a) The person is not a student attending school on any educational property;

(b) The firearm is within a motor vehicle; and

(c) The person does not brandish, exhibit or display the firearm in any careless, angry or threatening manner.
    So as long as it stays in your vehicle out of sightyou should be safe.

Post imported post

As an CCPastor, who advocates such in light of the recent church shootings and the expected increase as more "terror" type crimes pitting extremeists against Believers occur, I advocate carry inside the church. I have stipulated those who are deemed as security, myself included, and posted as such to the entire congregation. I don't think the local SO would disagree and his opinions were conveyed to me in a "round about" way. Blackrobed Rev.