• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Church and child Daycare

WLDuBard

imported post

I realize you can not legaly carry in a place of worship. Does that include the whole property or is it legal to carry in the parking lot? I also realize it is illegal to carry on school grounds. Is a child daycare considered a school? What if "learning center" is in the title?

JT

imported post

Per MSCode 97-37-1
(2) It shall not be a violation of this section for any person over the age of eighteen (18) years to carry a firearm or deadly weapon concealed in whole or in part within the confines of his own home or his place of business, or any real property associated with his home or business or within any motor vehicle.

Also Per 97-37-17.
(6) It shall not be a violation of this section for any person to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, any gun, rifle, pistol or other firearm of any kind on educational property if:

(a) The person is not a student attending school on any educational property;

(b) The firearm is within a motor vehicle; and

(c) The person does not brandish, exhibit or display the firearm in any careless, angry or threatening manner.
So as long as it stays in your vehicle out of sightyou should be safe.

Blackrobed rev.

imported post

As an CCPastor, who advocates such in light of the recent church shootings and the expected increase as more "terror" type crimes pitting extremeists against Believers occur, I advocate carry inside the church. I have stipulated those who are deemed as security, myself included, and posted as such to the entire congregation. I don't think the local SO would disagree and his opinions were conveyed to me in a "round about" way. Blackrobed Rev.