• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

United States Marine Corps Birthday Message

VAopencarry

imported post

Semper Fi and Happy Birthday to my Tun Tavern brethren!

ETA: I just watched the video......Damn!! I love Marines OOORAH!!!

marine77

imported post

Did you see the eyes of our new Marines? It says it all. It's good to see our tradition

will be carried on by them.We, who are getting older and know we can't do what we

used to when younger, now know what it's like to be on the other side, when we

honor the young Marines today, and honor those before us. Crap, got something in

my eye.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Happy Birthday Marines... from the squid son of an old China/Horse Marine.

Semper Fi! :)

Huck

imported post

Hell, these are Marines. Men like them held Guadalcanal and took Iwo Jima. Bagdad ain't shit.
Marine Major General John F. Kelly

The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of Marines. Lord, how they could fight!
MGen. Frank E. Lowe, USA; Korea, 26 January 1952

The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!
Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945

Gone to Florida to fight the Indians. Will be back when the war is over.
Colonel Commandant Archibald Henderson, USMC
in a note pinned to his office door, 1836

You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are.
Father Kevin Keaney
1st Marine Division Chaplain
Korean War

The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle.
Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing, U.S. Army
Commander of American Forces in World War I

Every Marine is, first and foremost, a rifleman. All other conditions are secondary.
Gen. A. M. Gray, USMC
Commandant of the Marine Corps

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem.
Ronald Reagan

Happy birthday and thank you for your service.