• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Random Shootings

jarhead1911A

imported post

Anyone notice all the gun related violence lately? and with Mark Owens being shot i dont think its going to help our cause

killchain

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
jarhead1055 wrote:
Anyone notice all the gun related violence lately? and with Mark Owens being shot i dont think its going to help our cause
It's only going to get worse as unemployment drops.
Yup. Throughout history violence has spiked as the economy slumps. Same thing happened in the '80's when the last "economic crash" happened.

HeesBonafide

imported post

People don't realize that the "Wild West" was not all that wild after all. This is something that has been incorrectly portrayed in Hollywood.

The reality is, (and as logic was dictate) with everyone armed and "open carry," people tended to be on their BEST behavior.

Still don't believe me?When was the last time anyone came up to you as your where OC and wanted to mess with you???

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

NONE of thes are random!

Seattle policemurderer INTENDED tomurder police.

Ft. Hood murder INTENDEND tomurder US soldiers.

Son of the Lt Gov shooter INTENDED to murder his business partner.

Portland office shooting INTENDEDto murder, it was domestic violence.

There is no random shootings, none of these are related to employment, they are related to evil.

joeroket wrote:
Misguided Child wrote:
swatspyder wrote:
It's only going to get worse as unemployment drops.
100% wrong there, chicken little!

And why quote the only post in the thread?

Yea. Wouldn't it get worse as unemployment rises?

edit: stupid bold function.

joeroket

imported post

The relation to unemployment is that people do have a rapid decline in personal morality and psychological well being. It is not being stated to say that they were related to being previously or presently employed with any one company just that the loss of employment and income does have an affect on a persons overall well being. Some handle OK and others do not.