Thread: OC a 'Mouse Gun'

Post imported post

I have a SMALL .22 SNS. (this is not for the debate of 'bigger is better' I agree. this is more along the 'anything is better than nothing' belief. Anyway...) I have a belt holster, but with the cover closed, you can barely see the butt of the handgrip. I wonder if this crosses the line between 'open' (easily recognized as what it is) and 'concealed' (it's not hidden under a coat or in a waistband.)

Should I look for a smaller holster?

I sell ObamaBlades: Single-edged razors you can use to either remove the bumper sticker off your car, or slash your wrists..whichever works best for you.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

vt800c wrote:
    I have a SMALL .22 SNS. (this is not for the debate of 'bigger is better' I agree. this is more along the 'anything is better than nothing' belief. Anyway...) I have a belt holster, but with the cover closed, you can barely see the butt of the handgrip. I wonder if this crosses the line between 'open' (easily recognized as what it is) and 'concealed' (it's not hidden under a coat or in a waistband.)

That's something that will be argumentative from a legal standpoint.
    I'll let others argue it.

From a practical angle, I'd get a smaller holster. Why give someone the oppportunity to say it looks like a cell phone, etc.

I have a 45lc/410 derringer that I carry once in a while. I use a Blackhawk open top holster with a retention strap. There is NO QUESTION about what it is.

Post imported post

peter nap wrote:
    vt800c wrote:

That's something that will be argumentative from a legal standpoint.
    I'll let others argue it.

From a practical angle, I'd get a smaller holster. Why give someone the oppportunity to say it looks like a cell phone, etc.

I have a 45lc/410 derringer that I carry once in a while. I use a Blackhawk open top holster with a retention strap. There is NO QUESTION about what it is.
    I'd love to see a picture of that derringer! And I'd also love to know the circumference of your wrist! I think if I fired that gun it'd break a bone or two.

Post imported post

I think my wrist is 9" around. I shoot my 2.5"Bond derringer fairly regularly - both ,45 Long Colt and .410 00 or 000 buckshot. The very big grip area and the weight of the thing nake recoil quite tolerable. At times I think about getting the 3" barrel to take advantage of the Russian .410 I also run out of my Saiga.

stay safe.

skidmark
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Post imported post

skidmark wrote:
    I think my wrist is 9" around. I shoot my 2.5"Bond derringer fairly regularly - both ,45 Long Colt and .410 00 or 000 buckshot. The very big grip area and the weight of the thing nake recoil quite tolerable. At times I think about getting the 3" barrel to take advantage of the Russian .410 I also run out of my Saiga.

stay safe.

skidmark
    Just do like I do Skid, load 444 cases full of buckhot and you have the equivilent of a 3" with a lot more punch.

VT800c, I have dainty little girlie wrists!

Post imported post

I just like the little pop-guns. they are inexpensive and fun. Ok..for the recored it is a Jiminez JA-.22. I guess that makes it a palm gun. I like that it's semi-auto and at close range I can do the 6 in the magazine as fast as I can pull the trigger. I don't have a problem limp-wristing it, even tho it could get lost in my hand.

Think 'Noisy Cricket' from MIB movie.
    I sell ObamaBlades: Single-edged razors you can use to either remove the bumper sticker off your car, or slash your wrists..whichever works best for you.