• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC a 'Mouse Gun'

vt800c

imported post

I have a SMALL .22 SNS. (this is not for the debate of 'bigger is better' I agree. this is more along the 'anything is better than nothing' belief. Anyway...) I have a belt holster, but with the cover closed, you can barely see the butt of the handgrip. I wonder if this crosses the line between 'open' (easily recognized as what it is) and 'concealed' (it's not hidden under a coat or in a waistband.)

Should I look for a smaller holster?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

vt800c wrote:
I have a SMALL .22 SNS. (this is not for the debate of 'bigger is better' I agree. this is more along the 'anything is better than nothing' belief. Anyway...) I have a belt holster, but with the cover closed, you can barely see the butt of the handgrip. I wonder if this crosses the line between 'open' (easily recognized as what it is) and 'concealed' (it's not hidden under a coat or in a waistband.)

That's something that will be argumentative from a legal standpoint.
I'll let others argue it.

From a practical angle, I'd get a smaller holster. Why give someone the oppportunity to say it looks like a cell phone, etc.

I have a 45lc/410 derringer that I carry once in a while. I use a Blackhawk open top holster with a retention strap. There is NO QUESTION about what it is.

Wangmuf

imported post

peter nap wrote:
vt800c wrote:

That's something that will be argumentative from a legal standpoint.
I'll let others argue it.

From a practical angle, I'd get a smaller holster. Why give someone the oppportunity to say it looks like a cell phone, etc.

I have a 45lc/410 derringer that I carry once in a while. I use a Blackhawk open top holster with a retention strap. There is NO QUESTION about what it is.
I'd love to see a picture of that derringer! And I'd also love to know the circumference of your wrist! I think if I fired that gun it'd break a bone or two.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I think my wrist is 9" around. I shoot my 2.5"Bond derringer fairly regularly - both ,45 Long Colt and .410 00 or 000 buckshot. The very big grip area and the weight of the thing nake recoil quite tolerable. At times I think about getting the 3" barrel to take advantage of the Russian .410 I also run out of my Saiga.

stay safe.

skidmark

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

skidmark wrote:
I think my wrist is 9" around. I shoot my 2.5"Bond derringer fairly regularly - both ,45 Long Colt and .410 00 or 000 buckshot. The very big grip area and the weight of the thing nake recoil quite tolerable. At times I think about getting the 3" barrel to take advantage of the Russian .410 I also run out of my Saiga.

stay safe.

skidmark
Just do like I do Skid, load 444 cases full of buckhot and you have the equivilent of a 3" with a lot more punch.

VT800c, I have dainty little girlie wrists!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

vt800c

imported post

I just like the little pop-guns. they are inexpensive and fun. Ok..for the recored it is a Jiminez JA-.22. I guess that makes it a palm gun. I like that it's semi-auto and at close range I can do the 6 in the magazine as fast as I can pull the trigger. I don't have a problem limp-wristing it, even tho it could get lost in my hand.

Think 'Noisy Cricket' from MIB movie.