• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCDILC - Open Carry Dinner - Buffalo Wing Factory - Sterling

nova

imported post

Hate to back out the day of but I unfortunately won't be able to make it tonight.

You all have a good time. :)

nova

imported post

ed wrote:
A little tricky to get there since they built the Route 28 (Sully Road) and Church Road interchange:
Is it bad that I only now figured out what your avatar means? :shock:

virginiatuck

imported post

ed wrote:
nova wrote:
ed wrote:
A little tricky to get there since they built the Route 28 (Sully Road) and Church Road interchange:
Is it bad that I only now figured out what your avatar means? :shock:

Figure it out? It's just "ed"? What's to figure?

RSVP & details: http://tinyurl.com/bwf111709
Maybe he thought it was E.D., not Ed. ;)

Anyway, I've extended the invitation (evite) to 5 other people at work. They all said they can probably make it and will update their availability on evite.

I may be taking one of them shopping for a holster so he could also carry to the dinner. He asked if he would still be welcomed if he didn't carry; I said "of course."

Wangmuf

imported post

nova wrote:
virginiatuck wrote:
Maybe he thought it was E.D., not Ed. ;)
NO....

I wasn't reading it as letters, but instead as a symbol of some sort. It's obvious to me now though. :)

RSVP & details: http://tinyurl.com/bwf111709
lol I did the same thing, nova. It took me at least a month to actually take the time to watch the whole gif play out.

Jen works the morning that day, We'll try to make it out there if she's up for it. I want to get her around more people who OC before I buy her her first pistol, even though I'd prefer she CC since she's so small. I don't want her to have to rely on being able to retain an OC pistol when she first starts carrying, but I would prefer she not be defenseless, or rely on a fallible defense tool like pepper/oc spray.

I'll respond to the e-vite this weekend, after we've talked about it.

Edit: If she's not up for it, I'll come by myself. I'm a huge wing person, and it'll let everyone meet that a$$ish poster who's been all over the boards the last week or so. I promise I'll be more outgoing than I was at the last meet, when I was still uncomfortable legally carrying a gun, even though years ago I carried one "illegally" CC almost every day with no problems.

RichV

imported post

While I didn't get to meet everyone tonight... I'm looking forward to the next event. I did have a good conversation with Greg Stone.

After dinner, I oc'ed at the new wallmart at manassas mall, with no problems, no comments, and no eyes.:shock:

Notice I didn't say "in" manassas mall. Yep, they have a new anti-gun policy sign in the mall itself.