• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Adopt-A-Highway - OC Litter Pick-up Event and Lunch - Sun. Dec. 6th

useful_idiot

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The smart money sayswe cancel this one. Snow duration and accumulation numbers are rising.

I propose the next attempt be after the holidays, but I am open to doing it before then if enough people are interested.

Your Humble Servant,

useful_idiot :cool:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

useful_idiot wrote:
The smart money sayswe cancel this one. Snow duration and accumulation numbers are rising.

I propose the next attempt be after the holidays, but I am open to doing it before then if enough people are interested.

Your Humble Servant,

Agree.. lets make it a LUNCH ONLY event.. No litter pick-up

Riana

imported post

useful_idiot wrote:

Your Humble Servant,

The closer we get to the holiday, the less time it seems I've got. But I might be able to schedule a January pickup.

See you all Sunday at lunch. :dude:

carbon

Banned
imported post

useful_idiot wrote:
Time for another litter pick-up along Route 7. We adopted a 2 mile section of Route 7 between the toll road and Beulah. You can view the V-DOT the Adopt-A-Highway sign listing OpenCarry.org from either direction.

We will meet at 9:00 AM on Sunday December 6th and try to begin working as quickly as we can get organized.

We will have safety vests, road signs and trash bags. How much of the road we do this day depends on how many people RSVP and show up. Teams of 3 work well (two litter pickers and a bag wrangler). Afterward, we will head to Reston Champpsfor lunch.

Please RSVP on the URL that will follow. It will have directions, etc.

Your Humble Servant,
BTW i cruise down Beulah frequently! I will be there if its Kosher

nova

imported post

tobo wrote:
useful_idiot wrote:
Time for another litter pick-up along Route 7. We adopted a 2 mile section of Route 7 between the toll road and Beulah. You can view the V-DOT the Adopt-A-Highway sign listing OpenCarry.org from either direction.

We will meet at 9:00 AM on Sunday December 6th and try to begin working as quickly as we can get organized.

We will have safety vests, road signs and trash bags. How much of the road we do this day depends on how many people RSVP and show up. Teams of 3 work well (two litter pickers and a bag wrangler). Afterward, we will head to Reston Champpsfor lunch.

Please RSVP on the URL that will follow. It will have directions, etc.

Your Humble Servant,
BTW i cruise down Beulah frequently! I will be there if its Kosher
due to the weather we're not doing the litter pickup this weekend, we're instead just meeting for lunch at Champps in Reston @ noon :)

nova

imported post

Nice to see everyone again, I think I met a few members I hadn't seen previously.

Thanks for the cards Ed, used one already (along with an oc card)! :cool: