• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chicago Mayor blames Ft Hood incident on guns

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

http://biggovernment.com/2009/11/10/chicago-mayor-daley-blames-fort-hood-on-americas-love-of-guns/

Chicago Mayor Daley Blames Fort Hood On America’s Love Of Guns!
by Andrew Marcus

On Monday, Chicago Mayor Daley blamed the Ft. Hood Jihad Massacre on America’s love of guns!

“Unfortunately, America loves Guns. We love guns to a point where that uh we see devastation on a daily basis. You don’t blame a group.”
daley.jpg

The Mayor is using a straw-man argument that conveniently provides him with an opportunity to politicize the terrorist attack as part and parcel with America’s love of guns.

Mayor Daley, and other politicians, like to blame gun violence on the guns themselves because that is so much easier than admitting any inconvenient (politically incorrect) truths which might be revealed if they were to place blame where it belongs.

Kids murdering each other in the inner city? That’s because of guns, not the War On Drugs which turns poor children into black market drug distributing gang members.

Islamists murdering people while shouting Allah Akbar? That’s because of guns, not the Jihad being perpetrated globally against all so called “infidels”.

They blame guns because guns don’t vote.

Taking Mayor Daley at face value for a moment, is he seriously arguing for increased gun control on a military base? If there had been more guns around, this ticking Jihad bomb could have been put down a lot faster than he was.

Click image to view video

With no pogrom backlash after 9/11, no pogrom backlash after Bali, no pogrom backlash after Madrid, no pogrom backlash after London, no pogrom backlash after Mumbai, no backlash after countless other Jihad attacks, why would there be any reason to believe the reaction would be any different in this case? As we have written before, the West has already passed this particular civility test.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'm getting rather fed up with "civility". I'm thinking it is getting about time to start kickin' butt and takin' names. :X:cuss:

Who the hell asked Daley for his opinion, anyway? Who the heck does he think he is, somebody important?

Huck

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
I'm getting rather fed up with "civility". I'm thinking it is getting about time to start kickin' butt and takin' names. :X:cuss:

Who the hell asked Daley for his opinion, anyway? Who the heck does he think he is, somebody important?
Daley is importatnt. Just ask his fellow criminals who he's worked so hard to ensure a safe working environment for.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Well he's dead wrong. You do blame a group. And the group to blame are the people who brought us to this point in our history. The very same people who have been screaming for some time that we must do something to end the violence are the very same people who created the conditions in which this has all taken root and grown over the past 60 years.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Daley is a myopic moron... elected by myopic morons, supported by myopic morons and adhered to by myopic morons.

Deanimator

imported post

In Chicago you're more in danger from the Chicago Police Department than you are from a law abiding citizen with a firearm... especially if you're a 110lb. barmaid.

papabear

imported post

Deanimator wrote:
In Chicago you're more in danger from the Chicago Police Department than you are from a law abiding citizen with a firearm... especially if you're a 110lb. barmaid.

Sounds like there is a story behind your comment.

And yes Daly is a moron.

Deanimator

imported post

papabear wrote:
Deanimator wrote:

Sounds like there is a story behind your comment.

And yes Daly is a moron.
You are apparently the ONLY person on earth who hasn't seen this video! :D

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/wildcard_8/extra_information/bar_surveillance_video_beating

http://www.wgnradio.com/news/top/wgnam-abbate-sentencing-062309,0,1853586.story

AbNo

imported post

Huck wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:

Daley is importatnt. Just ask his fellow criminals who he's worked so hard to ensure a safe working environment for.
You mean Obama?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:

I've asked that question since I was a kid... Exactly what is so civil about standing idly by and allowing carnage? What is so 'reasonable' about being a self-declared 'good man' who does nothing?

Good men who do nothing are not good men. It reminds me of Monty Python:

"This calls for immediate discussion!" I've watched this stupidity my whole life. The 'civilized' who enable carnage....

Fukcing stupid, backwards, degeneracy called normal these days.... Pinning badges on themselves, crying about 'for the children' while lifting not one finger for fear of being 'not normal' or 'extreme.'

How dare someone take actual action to defend themselves and promote a civilized society by being armed themselves to prevent such things.

Kudos to the Cops who stopped it..... But what about the victims who could have done it sooner, and with far fewer graves to fill?

suntzu

imported post

Notso wrote:
http://biggovernment.com/2009/11/10/chicago-mayor-daley-blames-fort-hood-on-americas-love-of-guns/

Chicago Mayor Daley Blames Fort Hood On America’s Love Of Guns!
by Andrew Marcus

On Monday, Chicago Mayor Daley blamed the Ft. Hood Jihad Massacre on America’s love of guns!

“Unfortunately, America loves Guns. We love guns to a point where that uh we see devastation on a daily basis. You don’t blame a group.”
daley.jpg

The Mayor is using a straw-man argument that conveniently provides him with an opportunity to politicize the terrorist attack as part and parcel with America’s love of guns.

Mayor Daley, and other politicians, like to blame gun violence on the guns themselves because that is so much easier than admitting any inconvenient (politically incorrect) truths which might be revealed if they were to place blame where it belongs.

Kids murdering each other in the inner city? That’s because of guns, not the War On Drugs which turns poor children into black market drug distributing gang members.

Islamists murdering people while shouting Allah Akbar? That’s because of guns, not the Jihad being perpetrated globally against all so called “infidels”.

They blame guns because guns don’t vote.

Taking Mayor Daley at face value for a moment, is he seriously arguing for increased gun control on a military base? If there had been more guns around, this ticking Jihad bomb could have been put down a lot faster than he was.

Click image to view video

With no pogrom backlash after 9/11, no pogrom backlash after Bali, no pogrom backlash after Madrid, no pogrom backlash after London, no pogrom backlash after Mumbai, no backlash after countless other Jihad attacks, why would there be any reason to believe the reaction would be any different in this case? As we have written before, the West has already passed this particular civility test.
Daly is not smart enough to understand simple concepts.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

How can people keep voting for him? From his commentary in the last several years, he should be removed from office on grounds of being a mental incompetent. He doesn't make any sense at all.

Deanimator

imported post

ixtow wrote:
How can people keep voting for him? From his commentary in the last several years, he should be removed from office on grounds of being a mental incompetent. He doesn't make any sense at all.
A lot of them don't KNOW they voted for him... being dead and all.

trailblazer2003

imported post

I bet his city paid for security detail are a bunch of gun lovers. It's ok for him and his alderman buddies to love guns though, after all they benefit from having them.

Deanimator

imported post

trailblazer2003 wrote:
I bet his city paid for security detail are a bunch of gun lovers. It's ok for him and his alderman buddies to love guns though, after all they benefit from having them.
They passed a one time amnesty so that Alderman Richard Mell (Blagojevic's father in law) could re-register the guns he forgot to re-register.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

"You don't blame a Group."

Seriously, WTF is wrong with this guy's head?

Really? When there is a Group of People, or a Group of One Person, Or a Person who acts on behalf of a Group, who chooses to commit a horrible crime, you don't blame them? Their murderous actions are not their fault?

What are Prisons for, might I ask? Aren't the people locked up in there a Group of something? Why are you blaming them, Mr. Daly? By your own advice, they aren't to be blamed, much less, punished...

How can you claim to not blame a Group and then blame a Group; gun owners. How can a Group with opposes this be the focus of it? How can the Individual and/or group who commited this act NOT be to blame for their own actions, but those who vehemently oppose it and are forbidden from even being present in the place by the likes of Daly: those forbidden people somehow are the guilty party?

How can people have these thoughts and still remember to breathe? Fukcing Stupid!

miked

imported post

I've owned or been around guns my whole life, I've never had one tell me to pick it up and use it to perform a violent act.