Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Janesville Area Highway Clean-up...

Post imported post

I know it's a few months away yet but, I Just got everything in order for the spring clean-up. Thereare 2 locations, only a few miles from each other. Both are right on Hwy 14 in Janesville. One is from Hwy 51 to Kennedy Rd, a distance of about 1.46 miles. Runs right in front of the Sheriffs Dept/County Jail, Lotsof Attention!!!The other is from C.H. MM to C.H. O, with a distance of 1.28 miles. Looking for sometime in April. Any Suggestive dates? Who is interested?

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I'll be there....

Dave
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Post imported post

That shouldn't be too far of a drive for me.

Post imported post

It is a bit far for me, but you know I have to come. It would be nice if we could find a local park (with no ban) to have an after pickup cook out. Gunguy, any ideas?

Post imported post

Yes, There is Riverside Park. Right on the river (Hence the name).Very nice, clean, well kept. There is a Pavillion with a large shelterandPicnic tables, There are several grilles built on stands right into the ground. Play Area for kids, Bathrooms, water fountain. There is a Barrier closing off the far end of the park to vehicles, but pedestrians are still allowed there. They open it in the spring,But thegate should be open by then though. At the Far end, there are basketball courts, baseball diamond, another pavillion with shelter and tables. Very, very nice... And No schools nearby!

Post imported post

I'm in for a cleanup or two, but am counting on you to scout the area for schools and other impedences.

geoff

Post imported post

gunguy2009 wrote:
    Yes, There is Riverside Park. Right on the river (Hence the name).Very nice, clean, well kept. There is a Pavillion with a large shelterandPicnic tables, There are several grilles built on stands right into the ground. Play Area for kids, Bathrooms, water fountain. There is a Barrier closing off the far end of the park to vehicles, but pedestrians are still allowed there. They open it in the spring,But thegate should be open by then though. At the Far end, there are basketball courts, baseball diamond, another pavillion with shelter and tables. Very, very nice... And No schools nearby!
    Riverside Park is in the clear, but I haven't heard of anybody carrying in Janesville.

Dave

Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Post imported post

Check the first one (Hwy 51 to Kennedy Rd, on hwy 14), I think Washington Elementary School is to close to 51 (811 N. Pine St).

Post imported post

The map is a little misleading. Washington Elementary is the bubble in the lower left hand corner. The "14" there is "Business 14". It dont meet up with Hwy 14 for about 5 miles north. I havent heard of anyone carrying in Janesville either, but someone needs to start it...

Post imported post

AaronS wrote:
    Check the first one (Hwy 51 to Kennedy Rd, on hwy 14), I think Washington Elementary School is to close to 51 (811 N. Pine St).
    Sorry for the confusion, Aaron; that map was just meant to show that Riverside Park was in the clear. The proposed cleanup sections are both o.k.; I just haven't got the maps worked up yet.

Dave
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Post imported post

Hey Guys, Just curious what kind of Guns everyone has... When I carry, its my Smith & Wesson Military & Police .40 in a Fobus Elite Roto Holster.

Post imported post

gunguy2009 wrote:
    Hey Guys, Just curious what kind of Guns everyone has... When I carry, its my Smith & Wesson Military & Police .40 in a Fobus Elite Roto Holster.
    Hi gunguy,
    I realize that you originally started this thread, but if I could just make a suggestion.... The "What kind of gun do you carry" question is a whole different topic and deserves it's own thread, rather than taking this one off in a new direction and losing its momentum.

Dave(No, I'm not a thread Nazi....)
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Post imported post

Yeah, I thought of that, but the reason I put it in here was most the people responding, will be the ones we do the cleanup with. Just getting to know you guys a little bit. But a different thread would be appropriate.

Post imported post

Yeah, I thought of that. But the only reason I put it in here was because the majority of people responding, will be people we do the cleanup with. But a different thread would be appropriate.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I'm up for some highway cleanup... =)

and one of my compact Glocks for me...

Post imported post

Here are the maps for the two Hwy 14 cleanups.

First the Northern section:

Then the Southern section

Dave

Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Thanks Dave!

Post imported post

The Water in the Rock River isnt tooooo bad. Sure as hell wouldn't drink fromit. It is somewhat rural, the furthest end has a block of houses. None at the other end.And No, definately no schools. Not for over a Mile

Post imported post

Hey Everyone, Just wanna Know who is still interested in the Clean-up this spring in Janesville...

Post imported post

I'm looking at the map posted below. I just joined this site and will sooncarryin Janesville. However my house in in the 1000' gray circle near washington school (lower left). Will this be a problem for me? I am trying to read upon all this information as much as I can. Just not sure if I can on my property.

Post imported post

Neonnate1002 wrote:
    I'm looking at the map posted below. I just joined this site and will sooncarryin Janesville. However my house in in the 1000' gray circle near washington school (lower left). Will this be a problem for me? I am trying to read upon all this information as much as I can. Just not sure if I can on my property.
    Welcome to the site. Print off the State Statutes and Case Laws for reference. If you have any questions, please ask.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Post imported post

Neonnate1002 wrote:

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Yes, you have a problem. If your house is in a "school zone" (1000 feet) then you can not carry off your property (unless it is in a case, and unloaded). You are still able to carry on your property, but not off.

Now the "good" news...

On January 8th 2010 Wisconsin Carry, Inc. filed a lawsuit in Federal Court to challenge the constitutionality of Wisconsin's onerous Gun Free School Zone Act on behalf of our members and the residents of the state of Wisconsin.

A copy of this lawsuit can be viewed here:

http://www.wisconsincarry.org/pdf/GFSZ_Complaint.pdf

I would ask that if you can, join Wisconsin Carry. We need your membership, and it sounds like you need us.

Aaron

Post imported post

Thanks for all the information. I printed it out so i could referance it easy. I am also making a collection of documents I can have handy when everI need. I told my wife about this and she is all for it. Tonightwere hoping to go to Gander Mountain and see if we can find a holster for her. I plan to OC while there. I'm nervouse already..

Post imported post

I'm in Delavan. I'm certainly up for this. Do we have a date setup yet or just sometime in the spring?

As long as I have notice I will be there.

Post imported post

Neonnate1002 wrote:
    Hi Neon,
    Welcome to the forum! When I made that map, it was only to show that our cleanup route was nowhere near infringing on a school zone. I just want to make sure that you know that the actual 1000 foot zone is measured from the outer boundries of the school property. I ginned up a map for you to see just how far Washington school extends.

It's a big chunk of the neighborhood! Just remember that, although I tried to be as accurate as possible, you should not trust this zone without verifying it yourself.

Dave
    Dave

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast