• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Janesville Area Highway Clean-up...

gunguy2009

imported post

I know it's a few months away yet but, I Just got everything in order for the spring clean-up. Thereare 2 locations, only a few miles from each other. Both are right on Hwy 14 in Janesville. One is from Hwy 51 to Kennedy Rd, a distance of about 1.46 miles. Runs right in front of the Sheriffs Dept/County Jail, Lotsof Attention!!!The other is from C.H. MM to C.H. O, with a distance of 1.28 miles. Looking for sometime in April. Any Suggestive dates? Who is interested?

AaronS

imported post

It is a bit far for me, but you know I have to come. It would be nice if we could find a local park (with no ban) to have an after pickup cook out. Gunguy, any ideas?

gunguy2009

imported post

Yes, There is Riverside Park. Right on the river (Hence the name).Very nice, clean, well kept. There is a Pavillion with a large shelterandPicnic tables, There are several grilles built on stands right into the ground. Play Area for kids, Bathrooms, water fountain. There is a Barrier closing off the far end of the park to vehicles, but pedestrians are still allowed there. They open it in the spring,But thegate should be open by then though. At the Far end, there are basketball courts, baseball diamond, another pavillion with shelter and tables. Very, very nice... And No schools nearby!

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

gunguy2009 wrote:
Yes, There is Riverside Park. Right on the river (Hence the name).Very nice, clean, well kept. There is a Pavillion with a large shelterandPicnic tables, There are several grilles built on stands right into the ground. Play Area for kids, Bathrooms, water fountain. There is a Barrier closing off the far end of the park to vehicles, but pedestrians are still allowed there. They open it in the spring,But thegate should be open by then though. At the Far end, there are basketball courts, baseball diamond, another pavillion with shelter and tables. Very, very nice... And No schools nearby!

Riverside Park is in the clear, but I haven't heard of anybody carrying in Janesville.

[align=center]
15rxlb6.jpg

[/align][align=left]Dave

[/align]

gunguy2009

imported post

The map is a little misleading. Washington Elementary is the bubble in the lower left hand corner. The "14" there is "Business 14". It dont meet up with Hwy 14 for about 5 miles north. I havent heard of anyone carrying in Janesville either, but someone needs to start it...:D

davegran

imported post

AaronS wrote:
Check the first one (Hwy 51 to Kennedy Rd, on hwy 14), I think Washington Elementary School is to close to 51 (811 N. Pine St).
Sorry for the confusion, Aaron; that map was just meant to show that Riverside Park was in the clear. The proposed cleanup sections are both o.k.; I just haven't got the maps worked up yet.

Dave

davegran

imported post

gunguy2009 wrote:
Hey Guys, Just curious what kind of Guns everyone has... When I carry, its my Smith & Wesson Military & Police .40 in a Fobus Elite Roto Holster.
Hi gunguy,
I realize that you originally started this thread, but if I could just make a suggestion.... The "What kind of gun do you carry" question is a whole different topic and deserves it's own thread, rather than taking this one off in a new direction and losing its momentum.

Dave(No, I'm not a thread Nazi....):cuss:

gunguy2009

imported post

Yeah, I thought of that, but the reason I put it in here was most the people responding, will be the ones we do the cleanup with. Just getting to know you guys a little bit. But a different thread would be appropriate.

gunguy2009

imported post

Yeah, I thought of that. But the only reason I put it in here was because the majority of people responding, will be people we do the cleanup with. But a different thread would be appropriate.

gunguy2009

imported post

The Water in the Rock River isnt tooooo bad. Sure as hell wouldn't drink fromit. It is somewhat rural, the furthest end has a block of houses. None at the other end.And No, definately no schools. Not for over a Mile

Neonnate1002

imported post

I'm looking at the map posted below. I just joined this site and will sooncarryin Janesville. However my house in in the 1000' gray circle near washington school (lower left). Will this be a problem for me? I am trying to read upon all this information as much as I can. Just not sure if I can on my property.