• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Janesville Area Highway Clean-up...

protias

imported post

Neonnate1002 wrote:
I'm looking at the map posted below. I just joined this site and will sooncarryin Janesville. However my house in in the 1000' gray circle near washington school (lower left). Will this be a problem for me? I am trying to read upon all this information as much as I can. Just not sure if I can on my property.
Welcome to the site. Print off the State Statutes and Case Laws for reference. If you have any questions, please ask.

AaronS

imported post

Neonnate1002 wrote:
I'm looking at the map posted below. I just joined this site and will sooncarryin Janesville. However my house in in the 1000' gray circle near washington school (lower left). Will this be a problem for me? I am trying to read upon all this information as much as I can. Just not sure if I can on my property.

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Yes, you have a problem. If your house is in a "school zone" (1000 feet) then you can not carry off your property (unless it is in a case, and unloaded). You are still able to carry on your property, but not off.

Now the "good" news...

On January 8th 2010 Wisconsin Carry, Inc. filed a lawsuit in Federal Court to challenge the constitutionality of Wisconsin's onerous Gun Free School Zone Act on behalf of our members and the residents of the state of Wisconsin.

A copy of this lawsuit can be viewed here:

http://www.wisconsincarry.org/pdf/GFSZ_Complaint.pdf

I would ask that if you can, join Wisconsin Carry. We need your membership, and it sounds like you need us.

Aaron

Neonnate1002

imported post

Thanks for all the information. I printed it out so i could referance it easy. I am also making a collection of documents I can have handy when everI need. I told my wife about this and she is all for it. Tonightwere hoping to go to Gander Mountain and see if we can find a holster for her. I plan to OC while there. I'm nervouse already..

Passive101

imported post

I'm in Delavan. I'm certainly up for this. Do we have a date setup yet or just sometime in the spring?

As long as I have notice I will be there.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

Neonnate1002 wrote:
Hi Neon,
Welcome to the forum! When I made that map, it was only to show that our cleanup route was nowhere near infringing on a school zone. I just want to make sure that you know that the actual 1000 foot zone is measured from the outer boundries of the school property. I ginned up a map for you to see just how far Washington school extends.

[align=center]
149ct2u.jpg

[align=left]It's a big chunk of the neighborhood! Just remember that, although I tried to be as accurate as possible, you should not trust this zone without verifying it yourself.

Dave
[/align][/align]

davegran

imported post

anmut wrote:
How did you make that map? I'd like to build something like that for my area. Looks like google maps.
Yes, I used Google Maps, but I'm afraid that my method is very labor-intensive and I wouldn't recommend it for a big area. If you enter category:Schools -kindergarten -college -dance -driving -Dressage -art -aircraft -craft -technical loc: your area in the search box, it will show you all the schools with 1000 foot no carry zones. From there you'll have to draw in the zones with the software of your choice; I use Paint Shop Pro.

Dave

Passive101

imported post

Are we getting food afterwords? :celebrate

My stomach controls me. I'm sorry.

gunguy2009

imported post

Im thinking Sundy, April 25th. I will let u guys know more about whats going on shortly. There will be food. Thinking kinda along the lines of a BBQ. If you want, bring a dish to pass, chips, pop, sloppy joes or whatever. lol And that will be in Riverside park in Janesville. No Schools, no hangups of any kind.

OCglock1988

imported post

Hey Gunguy. I live in Dousman and I would be interested in attending the trash pickup. If u can PM me with some more info that would rock. Oh and Dave if you read this could you send me the date of the Dousman area one you told me about awhile ago?

davegran

imported post

gunguy2009 wrote:
Im thinking Sundy, April 25th. I will let u guys know more about whats going on shortly. There will be food. Thinking kinda along the lines of a BBQ. If you want, bring a dish to pass, chips, pop, sloppy joes or whatever. lol And that will be in Riverside park in Janesville. No Schools, no hangups of any kind.
Just keep in mind that those of us who attend church on Sunday morning won't be able to participate in the cleanup.

Dave

Sayadina

imported post

So, are there going to be clean-ups for both locations on Hwy 14? I'm just trying to get an idea on how to get there and how long of a drive it will be before I can commit to my husband and I attending

And just to make sure, this isn't replacing the Dousman clean-up right? we'll still do that again this summer?

gunguy2009

imported post

Good Point Dave, The 24th may be better. Its on a Saturday. So Yes, New Date! April 24th!!!!!! Donna (the DOT lady) and I are still trying to figure out this name thing. She says the names I chose are unsuitable for one reason or another. So, Still workin on the name. We have 2 locations, and we also have people from both groups in on the cleanup. Opencarry.org and ICarry.org. I tried to putboth names on both signs but she said it didn't fit. SoI put one name on each sign, she said that didnt work cuz we can't have a Dot Com thing on a sign. ok, so I took the ".org" off and use just Opencarry and ICarry, Nope that wont work either. ICarry is considered a "Partisian group", not sure what that is but ok.... But Im gonna keep trying....

:cuss:

davegran

imported post

Sayadina wrote:
So, are there going to be clean-ups for both locations on Hwy 14? I'm just trying to get an idea on how to get there and how long of a drive it will be before I can commit to my husband and I attending

And just to make sure, this isn't replacing the Dousman clean-up right? we'll still do that again this summer?
Hi Sayadina,
We should be able to easily do both Janesville sections on the same day and still be done in time for lunch at Riverside park.

The Dousman clean-up is still on for this year. It'll probably start the first part of May. Looking forward to seeing the old crew.
wj9v0g.jpg

Dave