• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Janesville Area Highway Clean-up...

Passive101

imported post

If this is the for sure date I need to ask off for it ASAP. I'll give this thread a few more days to iron it out if it's going to change.

gunguy2009

imported post

Corrected, April 24th. We will be meeting right on kennedy Rd by the intersection of Hwy 14/Kennedy Rd. My parents own property there and there is a large empty lot we can park in. I will try to have a sign posted in the lot right on the curb. The lot is right next to our 1st stretch. We will park there and walk across the street to begin our cleanup.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
imported post

On the Dousman pickup we were able to cover a total of 4.6 miles in less than an hour by splitting up into 2 person teams and distributing the teams along the pickup route by driving to our sections. Then we'd pick up the side facing the traffic until we got to the next team's car, cross over the road and pick up going back the other way. That way each team only had to cover a few tenths of a mile.

Dave

SAK

imported post

I'd like to volunteer to host a check-in system on ICarry.org for this pickup. It will be important to have teams setup ahead of time and also know how many people we're likely to have.

Is there some place we can meet before/after the pickup? For people who want to come and check it out perhaps? We had A LOT of people show up at the park in Beloit, so we gotta be ready, especially if we send out an email on this, which we should :)

I'll set something up that is not forums-dependent or user-account-dependent on ICarry so that anyone/everyone can check in to volunteer. Then perhaps in an organized fashion we can do more litter pickups more often. Each litter pickup should have one person in charge I think and perhaps someone to help organize the volunteers.

Who's going to be in charge of this one?

davegran

imported post

SAK wrote:
I'd like to volunteer to host a check-in system on ICarry.org for this pickup. It will be important to have teams setup ahead of time and also know how many people we're likely to have.

Is there some place we can meet before/after the pickup? For people who want to come and check it out perhaps? We had A LOT of people show up at the park in Beloit, so we gotta be ready, especially if we send out an email on this, which we should :)

I'll set something up that is not forums-dependent or user-account-dependent on ICarry so that anyone/everyone can check in to volunteer. Then perhaps in an organized fashion we can do more litter pickups more often. Each litter pickup should have one person in charge I think and perhaps someone to help organize the volunteers.

Who's going to be in charge of this one?
We've found that it takes all of two minutes to set up the teams once we see who shows up. You're wasting your time trying to establish teams beforehand since not everybody who says they will be there will actually attend. Don't overthink this, Shaun.

Gunguy2009's plan is to "be meeting right on kennedy Rd by the intersection of Hwy 14/Kennedy Rd. My parents own property there and there is a large empty lot we can park in. I will try to have a sign posted in the lot right on the curb. The lot is right next to our 1st stretch."

Afterwards we are having a picnic at Riverside Park.
Gunguy2009 has organized and is in charge of this pickup. If you want to help, then link to this thread from your website.

Thanks,
Dave

gunguy2009

imported post

Hey guys, I just wanna know who is still planning on attending the April 24th cleanup in Janesville? Please let me know who is still gonna be there. Only a few weeks away!!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
imported post

gunguy2009 wrote:
Hey guys, I just wanna know who is still planning on attending the April 24th cleanup in Janesville? Please let me know who is still gonna be there. Only a few weeks away!!

I guess I missed this post somehow.

I can be there. Just checked my schedule and Janesville is only 74 miles or so from Kenosha. Marked it on my calendar.

davegran

imported post

I'll be there with my new Serpa holster stuffed full of 1911.
wj9v0g.jpg

Dave