Thread: TPD

Post imported post

Today at about 14:20 i was walking to my car when a TPD officer pulled up in his squad car and told me "you had better cover your pistol up you will freak people out"

My rely was "with all due respect officer this is an Open Carry State" He mumbled something and slammed on the gas the back tires broke loose and he took off i could tell he was upset over my statement but did not want to continue the coversation with me

Post imported post

That doesn't make TPD unsupportive, it makes that particular officer unsupportive.

His leaving and not pressing the issue shows he knows you to be correct and he was not happy about it.

There have been other instances though that might indicate lack of support from TPD.
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

this is true, this officer was definetly not supportive and the funny thing is that id say he was 25yrs old or so

Post imported post

Possibly an import from someplace else? I know Seattle was recruiting in New York of all places last year....

Talk about unsupportive....
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

Post imported post

Not true of all TPD, as a friend of mine is a TDP officer and wehave had several positiveconversationsregarding Open Carry and other firearms related topics, including accessories for his personal AR-15 etc.

We need to realise each officer is a separate human, they are not clones.

Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

I would definitely say it is a personal issue, not a departmental issue. I have had more than one contact with TPD while open carrying and only once have I felt like there was any issue. Every other time they were, if not supportive, at least cordial and willing to acknowledge the legality.

If he's coming up in his squad car, not giving his name, and just harassing a LAC going about his business.....he knows he's not in the right. Ignore and move on. You meet a-holes every day.....congrats, you just found another one.

Post imported post

TPD's behavior has changed considerable over the past few years in large part due to Mainsail's efforts at educating them regarding the legality of OC.