• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A walk in the Park - Independence Day

National Park and Preserve firearam laws are being relaxed. Are you ready to exercise your rights b

• We'll have to be careful and not anger anyone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm not sure, can you hold my hand?

• Well it sounds like a good idea, but...

• Heck Yes! I'll be there!

• Heck No! They will throw us in jail

• Total voters

bobcul

imported post

Folks;

The firearm rules for National Parks and Wildlife Sanctuaries have changed and will become effective after Feb, 2010. It is time to exercise your rights, so that they don't get too flabby.

I will again be visiting Jackson Wyoming in June/July and would like to OC for some
short educational day hikes in Teton and Yellowstone parks. The education is not for me, but for those who stop to talk about OC and firearms in general.

Who's up for it?
What are the problems / Rules of engagement?
What are the suggested practices and protection?
What standard discussion and/or hand out material should one use?

You get the idea. Since the rules have changed, and I do not have a CCW, I am limited to OC, which is actually desirable. OC among those who may have questions will benefit them from their questions and the experience of the discussions. I'm up for it.
An Independence day hike around String Lake, Jenny Lake, Old Faithful, etc. will be
in a student rich environment.

The same exercise should take place in parks across the state and in every state where such OC is permitted. Pass this around.

Pile on in here folks, speak your mind.

Bobcul. AKA Burtonsville Bob
For some insight, visit http://www.mcsm.org

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

Wewill all meet up at Old Faithful Fountain YNP at 1100 4th of July 2010 ! OPEN CARRY !!! ALL THE WAY !!!