• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

10 guns seized as car shot on I-90

zack991

imported post

http://www.starbeacon.com/local/local_s ... 12655.html
10 guns seized as car shot on I-90
Mentor woman finds bullet hole in vehicle

By MARGIE TRAX PAGE - Staff Writer - mtrax@starbeacon.com
Star Beacon

AUSTINBURG TOWNSHIP — Ohio State Highway Patrol troopers seized 10 guns from seven target shooters Sunday evening when an errant bullet struck a vehicle on Interstate 90, OHP Trooper Chris Thayne said.

The bullet struck the rear panel of a Honda Odyssey just above the wheel well as it was traveling on the interstate, Thayne said.

“The vehicle was driven by a Mentor woman, who said she heard a ‘pop, pop, pop,’ and then heard something hit her vehicle,” Thayne said. “She pulled over at the Austinburg Township interchange and found a bullet hole.”

Troopers responded to the scene at 5:06 p.m., Thayne said, and inspected the bullet hole. Troopers then stopped two vehicles leaving a former golf course on Austinburg Road, Thayne said, and found 10 rifles and handguns belonging to seven people.

“Now we will try to figure out if a bullet shot from one of those guns hit the car,” he said.

Thayne said the suspects admitted to “target shooting” and had plywood targets in the cars, as well.

An investigation into the incident is ongoing, Thayne said.

Very little info, makes me wounder how they found these shooters. Makes a even stronger point to know your backdrop.