• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New here, and just applied.

Sovereign

imported post

Hey everybody, hows it going? I am new to the forumsand carrying. I would just like to say hello and introduce myself. I am from Lake County Indiana, I have lived in the state for just over 4 years. I just applied for my LTCH at Lake County Sheriff on Oct 21 and am still waiting to hear back from the State Police. (any idea how long its taking them nowdays?) Anyways I am planning on carrying a Compact XD-40 openly and switching it out with my .380 Makarov for concealed carry. Also I would appreciate any advice anybody has on holsters for OC/CC. Also are there anyopen carry events in the area? I would like to attendsome and get to know some people.

[align=right]Thanks,[/align]

[align=right]Sovereign.[/align]

stanicus

imported post

I love my Fobus holsters for OC. I can break into a sprint without fear of dropping my firearms. But dont have to deal with unsnapping anything in the event I would need to draw down. I'm located in central Indiana, but I see a lot of Lake county people posting here.

Sovereign

imported post

stanicus wrote:
I love my Fobus holsters for OC. I can break into a sprint without fear of dropping my firearms. But dont have to deal with unsnapping anything in the event I would need to draw down. I'm located in central Indiana, but I see a lot of Lake county people posting here.
Thanks for the advice man. :)

Jubbie

imported post

Got the Blackhawk Serpa for my Sig, will eventually get one for my XD-40. There's actually a meet & eat in the works on the forum at ingunowners.com Up here in Lake Co. (aka 'the region') a few cops here & there don't know OC is legal (or they are just being <expletives>). Be kind no matter how they are, know your rights, and you should be alright.

What town did you go through to get your license or was it county? Got mine through Dyer back in '06 and they didn't give any problem at all except for what times they were accepting applications.

Sovereign

imported post

Jubbie wrote:
Got the Blackhawk Serpa for my Sig, will eventually get one for my XD-40. There's actually a meet & eat in the works on the forum at ingunowners.com Up here in Lake Co. (aka 'the region') a few cops here & there don't know OC is legal (or they are just being <expletives>;). Be kind no matter how they are, know your rights, and you should be alright.

What town did you go through to get your license or was it county? Got mine through Dyer back in '06 and they didn't give any problem at all except for what times they were accepting applications.
I went through Lake County Sheriff, because I live in an unincorporated area of Griffith. When I went down to Griffith Police Department to figure out if I had to apply there or at county I was greeted bya very unpleasant desk clerk which after I asked for a gun permit application and her examing my ID went to get a officer who then came to the front desk and started questioning me as to why exactly I wanted to get my gun permit (which I found sort of rude, because its really none of there business.) but after explaining to him that I wanted it for personal defense of myself and my family (even though I know I didn't have to legally explain to him why exactly I wanted it.)he turned to the desk clerk and said, "It doesn't matter anyways hes not in our district he has to go down to county." So I left and went down to the Lake County Sheriff's Office which I found a lot more friendly and welcoming. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Welcome Sovereign Nice start.

Lots of good people and ideas/information here. Hope you stay and enjoy.

Yata hey