Thread: Veteran's Day

Post imported post

Today let us all thank the Veterans who have fought for our great country and for our freedoms, from generations past on up to today. Without their sacrifices, America very well may not be the land of the free nor the home of the brave.

And today, Veterans, take a minute to reflect on our blessings and take time to reconnect with our loved ones, the things that matter most.

And also, remember our fallen brothers. We all paid into the pot of freedom... some tragically more than others.

So, to all of the Veterans on OCDO from a Veteran himself... thank you. This is your day. Enjoy it.

God bless.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

My grandfather is a USAF vet. Flew in the Korean war. My uncle is a Marines vet, fought in the gulf war and served in Iraq. I can not thank either of them enough, let alone the ones who have served/are serving this country to ensure our freedoms.

To those who have ever served, and to those who currently serve: I can not thank you enough for stepping up to the plate and putting your life on the line for us each and every day. Thank you so much for ensuring our freedoms!
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

Applebee's is offering free chow today to all those that served or are serving now...

http://www.applebees.com/vetsday/

Looks like I am gettin a free lunch!

Post imported post

To all the veterans on this board, thank you for your service and the sacrifices you made for this country and the values we have upheld around the world. I have many vets in my family, including my father, and my thanks are truly heartfelt and sincere.

The American Flag flies at my home today in your honor.

Charles

Post imported post

Famous Daves BBQ is also giving away free meals to Vets.

Post imported post

You're very welcome, Charles. It is nice to hear that.

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

M1Gunr wrote:
    Famous Daves BBQ is also giving away free meals to Vets.
    I had a nice lunch with my dad at Applebee's, now it looks like I got dinner covered as well!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Thanks for your service ya crazy bastards!!!!!!

Seriously Thanks.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)