Thread: Veteren's Day

Post imported post

Thank you all for your service and sacrifices.
    "Fault always lies in the same place, my fine babies: with him weak enough to lay blame." - Cort

Gun control is like trying to reduce Drunk Driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Sentio aliquos togatos contra me conspirare.

The answer to "1984" is "
    1776"

With freedom comes much responsibility. It is for this reason so many are loathe to exercise it.

Post imported post

Ditto that.

Post imported post

Ditto and Ditto. Saw a lot of veterans in downtown Clio today, it felt good being in America today, my kinda cup of coffee in the morning.

Post imported post

Happy Vetrans Day! And Happy Marine Corps Birthday (yesterday)!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

On this Veterans Day, November 11th, 2009...... I am ashamed. I am ashamed of a President and Commander in Chief who has so little respect for the cream of the country who put their young lives in harm's way to protect the very nation that gave him the office he now occupies.

I am ashamed of a Congress that thinks that God Himself makes appointments with them to ask for advice.

I am ashamed of an entire government that considers the Constitution of the United States to be nothing more than toilet paper that annoyingly just won't go away.

I am ashamed of the citizens of this great nation who are spending their entire selfish lives thinking only of themselves and what they can get for free.

I am ashamed of myself for not supporting our troops more than I do.

I weep with pride when I see military men and women in uniform standing tall and strong with clear eyes filled with purpose.

Somehow my just saying "Thank you for your service.", although heartfelt and sincere, just doesn't convey the emotions that nearly burst my heart.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

All of what Bikenut said plus, I am ashamed that I "sat on my hands" politically for so many years thinking that "all was right in America". Now my eyes are open to the possibility that we may lose the very country that we all love so much. But the light that shines brightly enough for me to now see, will hopefully be bright enough some day to make the roaches that inhabit Washington scurry for the dark from whence they came.springerdave.