• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Veteren's Day

manicdevery

imported post

Ditto and Ditto. Saw a lot of veterans in downtown Clio today, it felt good being in America today, my kinda cup of coffee in the morning.

B

Bikenut

imported post

On this Veterans Day, November 11th, 2009...... I am ashamed. I am ashamed of a President and Commander in Chief who has so little respect for the cream of the country who put their young lives in harm's way to protect the very nation that gave him the office he now occupies.

I am ashamed of a Congress that thinks that God Himself makes appointments with them to ask for advice.

I am ashamed of an entire government that considers the Constitution of the United States to be nothing more than toilet paper that annoyingly just won't go away.

I am ashamed of the citizens of this great nation who are spending their entire selfish lives thinking only of themselves and what they can get for free.

I am ashamed of myself for not supporting our troops more than I do.

I weep with pride when I see military men and women in uniform standing tall and strong with clear eyes filled with purpose.

Somehow my just saying "Thank you for your service.", although heartfelt and sincere, just doesn't convey the emotions that nearly burst my heart.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
imported post

All of what Bikenut said plus, I am ashamed that I "sat on my hands" politically for so many years thinking that "all was right in America". Now my eyes are open to the possibility that we may lose the very country that we all love so much. But the light that shines brightly enough for me to now see, will hopefully be bright enough some day to make the roaches that inhabit Washington scurry for the dark from whence they came.springerdave.