• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTS: Second Chance Body Armor

Tawnos

imported post

massivedesign wrote:
This is NOT an NIJ vest, it was never meant for US sales / use. While there are some similarities to an NIJ rated process, the GSG9 process is different.

The only reason why I put a "comparable" NIJ rating was for people to base a familiarity off of.. My bad.

I have not personally shot one of these yet, but a friend of a friend has (I also sold him my older IIA vest) and said it held up to everything he shot at it .380, 9mm, .45...no rifle, he doesn't own one. Blazer target ammo and a few HST's.

I head about it when my friend came and bought 4 more. I asked if he still had the vest (since I have had a lot of demand to shoot the snot of of one), he said no. he put enough juice through the font panel it was a shredded mess. He left it (just the front panel) on a tree at Capital Forest.

I went up last weekend to go shooting and looked at a few of the normal spots and didn't see anything. Either somebody took it, or I went to a different spot.
I'm simply stating that your claim that "it's what they told me" is a bad one. The vests look nice, but from the link you gave (for monarch 329):
"Ballistic Levels: II and IIIA"

No information is provided for the deep concealment, but I would hazard a guess that it's the same.

massivedesign

imported post

Okay, to stop the argument I have changed the threat level on the original post to IIIA to avoid confusion.

Now, who wants a vest lol.. :lol:

The monarch 329 is just so they can look at the carrier, the panels are different, as they were made for germany. The carriers themselves carry no more ballistic resistance than a coat would.

The deep cover is a shirt that the panels fit into, pretty slick IMO.

massivedesign

imported post

xmas special lol.. Woman found some nice ear rings she wants for x-mas, so price drop!!!

$425 FTF Olympia.. Layaway available (not a business, I just know in this economy funds can be tight for this type of expenditure).

massivedesign

imported post

Bored.. Took another pic :dude:

SHTF.jpg

massivedesign

imported post

I have one XXL, one XL, and two Large "open bag" specials. These were the test fit vests for the local buyers. I have another shipment coming in, so I figured I would offload these a little cheaper.

They are all pristine except for the XL which has a pin head size mark (looks like pen). But you still get a new spare carrier too!

$400.