Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Open Carry in San Diego County

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Marcos, California, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    Ok, i'm looking to do my first OC in San Diego County. I'm looking for someone with experience to go with. I'm available Sat, Sun & Mon's all day, and Tue ~ Fri after 5:30pm. And all day today because of Holiday.I'm in El Cajon, but will do anywhere in SD County. , Thanks,Crew






  2. #2
    Regular Member demnogis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California, USA
    Posts
    912

    Post imported post

    Crewdad, firstly welcome to ocdo! Take some time and look over the information on www.californiaopencarry.org before UOCing. Second, due to pending supreme court cases we've been asked to stand down on solo OC, possibly group OC events too.

    On a final note, its a VERY BAD idea to post your personal details on this public forum. It is frequented by many Law Enforcement agencies, sadly some of them will 'profile' and keep tabs on members. San Diego has its own issues going on, talk to locosway or pullnshoot25 on here if you have more questions.
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Harrah, Oklahoma
    Posts
    769

    Post imported post

    demnogis wrote:
    Second, due to pending supreme court cases we've been asked to stand down on solo OC, possibly group OC events too.
    Who Asked us to stand down?


    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...
    Stolen from ConditionThree because it can't be stressed enough.

  4. #4
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660

    Post imported post

    chewy352 wrote:
    demnogis wrote:
    Second, due to pending supreme court cases we've been asked to stand down on solo OC, possibly group OC events too.
    Who Asked us to stand down?

    The "right people" over at calguns. Personally, I disagree with this for a variety of reasons, as do many others here. Regardless, its a very good idea to sterile carry (no ID) and definitely have a friendly witness, audio recorder with lapel mic, and maybe even a video recorder. Carry on!

    Crew, edit your personal data out of your original post, do this kind of thing through private messages (PMs).


    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  5. #5
    Regular Member Gundude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sandy Eggo County
    Posts
    1,691

    Post imported post

    I didn't hear anyone ask me to stand down on OC. If its so. please show me the PC number so I can read it. I have been OCing since I joined this site. So far the only one that noticed was my mechanic. He asked if that gun was real. I told him I was gonna squirt some water on him. I purchased one of those book safes at Harbor Freight to use in areas I'm not familiar with. I'll be packin till I see a law against it.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

  6. #6
    Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Temecula, California, USA
    Posts
    1,660

    Post imported post

    Its not against the law, there isn't any PC code outlawing open carry. The "right people" over at calguns have strongly discouraged people from UOC'ing until 2A is incorporated to the state. In a nutshell, they don't want anyopen carrying because it could jeopardize their chances of getting CCW and/or they are afraid of more anti-gun laws as a result of UOCing.

    Safe to say, everybody wants loaded carry, but some want concealed and others want open. Also safe to say in this state its highly unlikely we'll have both as other states do.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

  7. #7
    Regular Member wewd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    664

    Post imported post

    There's no reason to believe we will only get one form of loaded carry. Scalia's dicta from Heller shows that he understands that the 2nd guarantees the right to carry and I believe that he also understands the open carry tradition in this country. I am not optimistic that CCW will be held as a right under the 2nd since there isn't a tradition of a concealed carry right, so we will still have to have permits unless the states hold CCW as a right as Alaska has done. People have to remember that even in shall issue states, CCW is not a right, because you don't need to ask permission to exercise a right. I would love to be proven wrong on SCOTUS's CCW ruling though. But I do believe that as long as we have CCW permits they will have to apply equal protection which is why I believe Sykes will succeed and we will have shall issue in CA. Diane Feinstein's life is not inherently worth more or less than anyone else's in this state, and I'm sure she had no problem with her CCW application.
    Do you want to enjoy liberty in your lifetime?

    Consider moving to New Hampshire as part of the Free State Project.

    "Live Free or Die"

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sante, California, USA
    Posts
    35

    Post imported post

    The Term "bear": Does it not include to carry on your person, in a purse or bag or case. Hence if the right to Bear arms includes Concealed?

    Just asking 'cuase it seems crazy to define bear to only mean open carry in a holster.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    542

    Post imported post

    USPSureShot wrote:
    The Term "bear": Does it not include to carry on your person, in a purse or bag or case. Hence if the right to Bear arms includes Concealed?

    Just asking 'cuase it seems crazy to define bear to only mean open carry in a holster.
    Its a little more complicated than that.
    Some, extremely valid, interpretations of the Second Amendment, indicate that the 2A does not have much of anything to do with UOC/OC/CC, but transcends the issue entirely as a form of protection against a tyrannical government, then expands to protect carry, but by proxy.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Marcos, California, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    I'll be there Chewy.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Marcos, California, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    Thanks for the info and suggestions

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Marcos, California, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    demnogis wrote:
    Crewdad, firstly welcome to ocdo! Take some time and look over the information on http://www.californiaopencarry.org before UOCing. Second, due to pending supreme court cases we've been asked to stand down on solo OC, possibly group OC events too.

    On a final note, its a VERY BAD idea to post your personal details on this public forum. It is frequented by many Law Enforcement agencies, sadly some of them will 'profile' and keep tabs on members. San Diego has its own issues going on, talk to locosway or pullnshoot25 on here if you have more questions.
    Thanks for the heads up on my info. I have gone through all of the COC info and have learned a lot. Also, with all do respect, I also have not seen any thing from CalGuns about a stand down. Can you give me a link to that request?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Vista, California, USA
    Posts
    516

    Post imported post

    ...have not seen any thing from CalGuns about a stand down. Can you give me a link to that request?

    I'll stand down only when the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia says I have to. Then I'll move to AZ.


  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego County, CA, California, USA
    Posts
    1,402

    Post imported post

    yelohamr wrote:
    ...have not seen any thing from CalGuns about a stand down. Can you give me a link to that request?

    I'll stand down only when the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia says I have to. Then I'll move to AZ.
    It pretty much already has. They want us not to be able to immediately defend ourselves, in other words, die.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    San Marcos, California, USA
    Posts
    73

    Post imported post

    CREWDAD wrote:
    Ok, i'm looking to do my first OC in San Diego County. I'm looking for someone with experience to go with. I'm available Sat, Sun & Mon's all day, and Tue ~ Fri after 5:30pm. And all day today because of Holiday.I'm in El Cajon, but will do anywhere in SD County. , Thanks,Crew




    I'd like to thank the great group from Escondido OC, I had a very good first OC experience on Saturday. Great turn out, I think we had about a dozon people show up. I look forward to seeing you all again. Perhaps we could get together a group for an OC in El Cajon to give the LEO's and ourselves a little more exposure to each other here in EC? Thanks to all of you who made it feel like a walk in the park! I have to admit, I was really hoping to have the LEO's show up to get that first encounter experience. But all is and was good, Thanks again

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lemon Grove, Ca.
    Posts
    137

    Post imported post

    CREWDAD wrote:
    CREWDAD wrote:
    Ok, i'm looking to do my first OC in San Diego County. I'm looking for someone with experience to go with. I'm available Sat, Sun & Mon's all day, and Tue ~ Fri after 5:30pm. And all day today because of Holiday.I'm in El Cajon, but will do anywhere in SD County. , Thanks,Crew




    I'd like to thank the great group from Escondido OC, I had a very good first OC experience on Saturday. Great turn out, I think we had about a dozon people show up. I look forward to seeing you all again. Perhaps we could get together a group for an OC in El Cajon to give the LEO's and ourselves a little more exposure to each other here in EC? Thanks to all of you who made it feel like a walk in the park! I have to admit, I was really hoping to have the LEO's show up to get that first encounter experience. But all is and was good, Thanks again
    I personally frequent el cajon several times a week the biggest problem is there are so many schools out there that its dang near all within the 100 ft boundary
    "Sooner or later we all must die. Warriors choose to do so on their feet, standing between their enemies and those they hold dear. With a weapon in their hands. Cowards choose to do so on their bellies. Unarmed."
    - Dave Gell (inspired by author David Weber)

    "The tragic history of civilian disarmament cries a warning against any systematic attempts to render innocent citizens ill-equipped to defend themselves from tyrant terrorists, despots or oppressive majorities,"
    - Daniel Schmutter

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    18

    Post imported post

    Hey Crewdad - Ditto on what you said. I had a good time too. (I'm the guy who gave you his E-mail on a card at the end of the walk).

    Had a great time. Met some nice people on a nice day. I especially liked the pink grips on that lady's pistol. I remember her name but I'll keep it to myself.

    I too was surprised that LEO's did not show up. They must be accustomed to receiving calls from the suspicious people who are not familiar with open carry.

    Like I said on Saturday, if you get a walk going down in your 'hood I'll be there. And we need to get to the range.

    Take care and keep em in the ten ring.

    G


  18. #18
    Regular Member Decoligny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rosamond, California, USA
    Posts
    1,865

    Post imported post

    Chrisc411 wrote:
    CREWDAD wrote:
    CREWDAD wrote:
    Ok, i'm looking to do my first OC in San Diego County. I'm looking for someone with experience to go with. I'm available Sat, Sun & Mon's all day, and Tue ~ Fri after 5:30pm. And all day today because of Holiday.I'm in El Cajon, but will do anywhere in SD County. , Thanks,Crew




    I'd like to thank the great group from Escondido OC, I had a very good first OC experience on Saturday. Great turn out, I think we had about a dozon people show up. I look forward to seeing you all again. Perhaps we could get together a group for an OC in El Cajon to give the LEO's and ourselves a little more exposure to each other here in EC? Thanks to all of you who made it feel like a walk in the park! I have to admit, I was really hoping to have the LEO's show up to get that first encounter experience. But all is and was good, Thanks again
    I personally frequent el cajon several times a week the biggest problem is there are so many schools out there that its dang near all within the 100 ft boundary
    I am going to assume that you meant 1,000 ft boundary.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •