• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Park Open Carry

Hendo

imported post

Thanks NavyLT and tyguy808,

Can you refer to any reference?

Hendo

Hendo

imported post

tyguy808,

Toes are good. Like many here, I want to know what the latest laws are so I can keep all my appendages, especially my firearm (sorry).

BTW - long guns are not included evidently. I am very interested if there is indeed an injunction or major change.

Hendo

Hendo

imported post

Thanks NavyLT,

So it looks like what I thought was the new NP/WR law was from the previous law change initiated in early 2009 and what you have cited is the New new National Park/Wildlife Refuge law "shoe horned" into the new credit card law.

Appreciate the current info

Hendo

n16ht5

imported post

we should all celebrate with a Feb 22 OC hike. I have carried in parks before, but if I see a ranger I always get hassled. this will be nice. although, the law never stopped me before.

tyguy808

imported post

n16ht5 wrote:
we should all celebrate with a Feb 22 OC hike. I have carried in parks before, but if I see a ranger I always get hassled. this will be nice. although, the law never stopped me before.
I'm in if its up near me. Or, do we want to try to coordinate something state (or nation) wide?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

tyguy808 wrote:
n16ht5 wrote:
I'm in if its up near me. Or, do we want to try to coordinate something state (or nation) wide?
Me too.
And not a bad idea for a nation wide , hot topic post or something....great idea. We can be thousands across the country celebrating. Want to post it Night or tyguy? If not I can.

Trigger Dr

imported post

February 22, 2010 is on a Monday... that may not be the best day for a hike enmasse, but the following weekend could be the right time.

olypendrew

imported post

I've been thinking about this for a while. It'd be nice if several folks came out to the Olympic National Park welcome center here in Port Angeles. 02/27/2010 at noon. I think I'll start a new thread before someone proposes a place that is not in my neck of the woods.

Phssthpok

imported post

Unfortunately I'll be living on my 20 acres in Montana by that time, but I'll be with you guys in spirit, while physically I'll be in Yellowstone!:celebrate

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Phssthpok wrote:
Unfortunately I'll be living on my 20 acres in Montana by that time, but I'll be with you guys in spirit, while physically I'll be in Yellowstone!:celebrate

Damn we hate to see you go....and I am jealous, eastern or wester Montana?

Phssthpok

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
Phssthpok wrote:

Damn we hate to see you go....and I am jealous, eastern or wester Montana?
Southwestern, about 2 miles out of town (pop. >1000) tucked up in the hills surrounding a small valley. :cool:

You can JUST make out a few buildings in town in this photo:

P1010456.jpg