• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tualatin workplace shooting

astraflyr

imported post

I'm surprised no one is talking about the shooting yesterday at the drug testing center in Tualatin. I believe the BG was after an old fling. Both are now dead with multiple wounded. He killed himself. Would have been a good place to be CC/OC and stop this nonsense, but heended it himself fortunately. I think I'll be carrying more often with this uptick in random shootings getting closer to home. I've been alittle lax lately. In fact my wife and I are going out on the property to fine tune her gun handling skills in a few minutes. Do these events make you carry more often?

TiP

imported post

Last night's news broadcast said that he had just been served with divorce papers a few days before his rampage. They tried to link the two in such a way as to make it seem that THAT's why he did what he did, but I suppose we'll never know.

My condolances go out to the families of the victims, and SHAME on Legacy MetroLabs for their shameful and reprehensible "Violence-free Zone" policy that they have in place at all of their locations (including the Beaverton location where I have to take my DHS-mandated drug tests)... Maybe this will finally teach them that the only "Violence-free Zones" are those populated with armed citizens!

freak21

imported post

This is a perfect reason to carry!

With everything thats been going on in the area, and country lately I don't leave home with out my 9mm. My wife used to not like it and hint at leaving it at home or, "Why would you need you gun here, it's just Babies R Us"

After almost daily reporting of viloent crimes around the area, and nation she either got tired of me bringing them up, tired of bugging me, or likes the fact that I'm always armed.

I have a lil 25 I'm going to try to get her to carry now.

We-the-People

imported post

freak21 wrote:
This is a perfect reason to carry!

With everything thats been going on in the area, and country lately I don't leave home with out my 9mm. My wife used to not like it and hint at leaving it at home or, "Why would you need you gun here, it's just Babies R Us"

After almost daily reporting of viloent crimes around the area, and nation she either got tired of me bringing them up, tired of bugging me, or likes the fact that I'm always armed.

I have a lil 25 I'm going to try to get her to carry now.
Unless they spot you CCing (if you have a CHL) and "trespass" you, you're not in violation of the LAW if you carry there, just their POLICY. If you're on "company time" could be a problem if "made" depending on your companies policies but it's still not a violation of the LAW.

Not a lawyer so do your own research but there is a distinct difference between the LAW and a company policy.