• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Examiner.com: DA says Pittsburgh airport gun ban not enforceable

Mike

Site Co-Founder

NCjones

imported post

Well, I looked at the map. But I can guarantee in North Karolina you're gonna get jacked up if you OC at the RDU airport. I certainly wouldn't want to have to OC there.

Of course, maybe that's why I don't fly.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Mike wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
many folks are refusing to carry there arms to the airport, because of Port's rules.
Are the port's rules legit, and not preempted?
They are pre-empted, I've carried and had no trouble there. Others on the forum are discouraging carrying there until SAF does something about it. Some have had a meeting with port officials and they said the port says that the "rules" are enforceable.

dcmdon

imported post

Here's the funny part. In Alaska you are REQUIRED BY LAW to keep a firearm in your private plane. Its required as part of your legally mandated survival kit.

So if a pilot takes off from alaska for a destination that does not look kindly on guns, then he could have a problem. Its suggested that the survival gun be some kind of light weight rifle rather than a hand gun for a couple of reasons. 1) fewer legal issues 2) better survival gun.

Don

marrandy

imported post

As far as Magistrate Judge Anthony Saveikis is concerned...

I would also look into filing legal complaints with the state bar to get him dis-barred for flagrantly disregarding state law, his state bar rules and regulations and his oath of office, even after it was pointed out to him what the law was.

If he is dis-barred, he can no longer serve on the bench.

No-one is above the law.