• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving home to Oregon

RymRytr

imported post

I was born in Baker, Ore (before they re-named it to Baker City). Now that I'm retired, I'm considering moving to Baker or the vicinity.

I've lived in WA and have had a CWP (now a CPL) for over 40 years. Would someone point me toward the Oregon State Law sections I need to read, on how to qualify for any CWP/CPL, for Oregon. I also may move to Hood River instead of Baker.

Any other input gratefully accepted.

Thanks one and all. My home email is
i.carry at xemaps dot com

Bud

RymRytr

imported post

At my age, I'm afraid of the "mirror test". I might not be breathing. :)
Thanks for the info.

Bud

Xader

imported post

I love Baker. I was born and raised in The Dalles, but I went to school in La Grande, and my wife is from Baker, so I've spent my share of time there. Great place. Great people.

But if you're a gun person, I would advise in the strongest terms not to move to Hood River (aka "Little San Francisco). The political climate is so left there, that any vehicle/house with a McCain sticker or sign was getting vandalized. OC is not an option. It's an invitation to verbal, or possibly physical) assault.

The scenery is nice(no better than Baker), but most of the people are whacked. Also, you'd be lucky to find more than a 2bed 2bath house for under a half-million. And the city just realized it is flat broke...

RymRytr

imported post

Things change. It's been 25 years since I worked for Duckwall Pooley and Diamond Fruit. I hate to tell you how old I am, but I went to a one-room School House, in the first grade at.... Dee! :eek:)

Also went to Coe Street Primary and the Park Street School, in Hood River.

My Grandfather, Uncle John, Great Uncle Robert are all dead and there isn't much for me there.

Maybe Parkdale? Whaddua think?

Bud

Xader

imported post

Come on down to The Dalles!

Pretty conservative place. The Dalles Rifle and Pistol Club operates indoor and outdoor ranges. We have IDPA, Cowboy Action (Quick Draw & Fast Draw), CMP, etc.

Close enough to Hood River if you have friends or family there, and you're right on I-84 for easy travel!

sooeey2u

imported post

In order to obtain an Oregon CCL, go to your county Sheriffs Office with $, 2 pieces of ID and proof of a completed safety course by a NRA certified instructor (from WA) and you will be finger printed, photographed and a background check run on you. Should receive your CCL in 40 days or less.

Welcome back to Orygun!

Robert