• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Judge 4510

RymRytr

imported post

I have the Stainless Steel .45/.410 Revolver with 4" barrel. It fires the .45 well and there is no problem ejecting them.

I have to use a screwdriver to force the fired, .410 shells out of the Cylinder.

Are there any tricks? Anyone else having this problem? Does any one still make Paper Shells for .410?

Thank you one and all, for your help.

Bud
i.carry at xemaps dot com

SteveInAshand

imported post

I don't have one but I have a couple questions.

1) "low brass" or "high brass" what are you getting "struck" with .

2) Old or brand new shells ?

3) Name brand U.S made shells ?

4) Hand loads or factory ?

There mite be an answer in those questions.

AZkopper

imported post

I've known two people who owned the Judge. Both had problems ejecting the 410 shells. One guy had to ship it to the factory to remove the shell.

It seems to be a design problem.

RymRytr

imported post

It's those plastic .410 shells. Some Brand I've never heard of before. I bought them recently at a Sporting Goods Store. Number Seven Shot. I sense from your post that I should try a different brand. :)

Thanks

Bebog

imported post

RymRytr, I also have a Judge magnum (3" chamber) and originally had the same issue. I started off with the cheapest shells I saw which were brand name but cheap version with black tubes. Since then I have been using Winchester with the red tubes with no problem. They are a little bit more but not that bad and have been fine with slugs, #6 shot and 000Buck.

I would suggest trying a box of those and see if the problem persists.

RymRytr

imported post

That's gotta be it. Being partially descended from NC stock myself, I know that your advice must be the magic answer! :)

SteveInAshand

imported post

There ya go, it's ammo.

I guess ammo fussy guns are not all semi & full auto, even wheelie guns have likes & dislikes .

I would "guess" a fine modern gun with tight tolerances would only like tight tolerance high quality ammo no matter what the action is ?