Thread: Anyone up for a Charlotte OC meet/barbeque ?

Post imported post

Good morning,

The more I read the more I believe getting together with fellow OC ers will strengthen the movement. I for one am new to this site and am anxious to meet others, compare stories and shoot the S@@## T : ) Mostly I am looking to learn.

I am thinking of somewhere it will be allowed. Not sure where would be good soI open for suggestions. I will gladly provide charcoal, and some steaks for the folks. I will provide paper plates If others are willing to bring drinks and whatever else, I believe it would be a good time. Weekends are great and its nice and cool out so I am hoping to get it together.

Thanks for reading and hope it works out. Be cool and be safe !

Post imported post

It's all about location for me and when. Work is kinda weird right now because I started a new job. I'm all for it though

Post imported post

Hi, Well, I am in Huntersville and time is easy for me. I can go almost anytime. I figure a nice Sat or Sun afternoon would be cool. Whatever allows is cool with me. I guess the post is young yet so we will see how many want to go. Me, Ill go no matter how many show. I am really anxious to just go and do. Write with any ideas about where if you have any. Of coarse I would say my house but I guess that defeats the purpose of OC'ing. Either way, I am committed.Write anytime. I have tons of free time.

Look forward to meeting you, Be cool, Be safe

Post imported post

I'm in. Also livein Cornelius. I'll check back.

Post imported post

Hi, DV,

Nice to meet you. Yeah I would give this thing a few days or so. Ill monitor it and if anything arises I will message you and anyone who might be interested. Id like to get it together soon. I have been reading so much, now I would like to do and meet others all while enjoying !. I did see that others have tried to do something like this but looked pretty dead. Lets hope it gets off the ground.

Until then, Be cool, Be safe

Post imported post

Count me in too!

I'm in the UNCC area and have been hoping for a Charlotte OC meet & greet. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Post imported post

When is this going to happen?

Post imported post

I'de make the trip down for this most likely.

Post imported post

Hi 40,

Not really sure when or where for that matter. Are you from Huntersville or near by ? You have any good ideas where to grill out ? Canwe do it in like Hornets Nest park or Jetton Park in Cornelius ? For me now is a good enough time but I thought I would throw it out there and see where it goes. Looks like we have 6 interested yet schedule may be an issure for some. I guess with Thanksgiving comiing up and all people are scrambling. I will keep my eye on who would like to come then pick a day. Im thinking a Sunday afternoon may work for everyone. Ill keep you posted. Peace

Post imported post

Sounds good Driver, All we need to do is pick a day good for everyone and a place. I will keep everyone updated as progress is made. Peace

Post imported post

Great, keep us posted.

-R

Post imported post

Hi R,

I will for sure keep you posted. I am thinking so this dont drag to far and fizzle, the sooner the better. Next Sunday perhaps. Who ever hops on board by then is surely welcome. We have maybe 6 or 7 interests so far. Just need to pick a location. Any ideas ?

Post imported post

I'm in South Charlotte, and I have no problem getting togetherin a park as long it is not posted (like enough of them around here).

Post imported post

Excellent, I am going to scope out a few parks here and inquire enough to be sure. I will post what I find as soon as I do so. Stay tuned ...........

Post imported post

I'm not able to make it down on a weekend till the first week of december.

Just FYI

Post imported post

Hi Driver,

lots of folks have said its crunch time now with Thanksgiving and all. maybe we will just give us some time to prepare and say 1st Sunday in Dec. Gives us all a chance to make plans. How does that sound ?

Post imported post

Meck. county. bans firearms in public parks, I'd recommend a restaurant.

Post imported post

I am looking into Latta Plantation. I have a contact there and will ask directly. Maybe they too ban but with all the hunting and civil war and history they support, hopefuly they will say ok for an OC barbeque. Thanks for the tip. I will post what I find out. Have a great weekend !

Post imported post

I'm in. I have been looking for a meet & greet in the Charlotte area. Just let me know when & where.

I will keep checking back
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people until thier children wake up homeless on the continent thier fathers conquered! Thomas Jefferson - 1802

Post imported post

Hi Duramax,

Sounds good to me. Looks like we have about a half a dozen interested. It also looks like maybe the first Sunday or Saturday in Dec might work. I am ready any time. Would like to have all interested attend. Now, some have mentioned a restaurant and although thats cool, I thought a barbeque in the great outdoors would be more refreshing. Of coarse, I will have to locate a spot. Looking into Latta Plantation. I will post my findings. I have two whole beef tenderloins, ( filet ) ready for the fire. I will also be bringing the plates and hardware neded to conume the beast ! Now we need the place and something to wash the cow down. Until then,

Post imported post

Post imported post

There is a small restaurant in Kannapolis that wants our business, but seating is limited inside for about 20 people, but If we can schedule something I can get tables and chairs and move them outside in the parking lot if needed, man talking about getting notices! The name of the place is flyin buffalo at 802 sloop ave, Kannapolis. Their phone number is 704-933-3663 and ask for John as he is the owner. Let him know your appreciation to host this event.

Let me know if this works for you by e-mailing me back. steeley@carolina.rr.com

www.concealnc.com

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Oh man, I can drive down from Greensboro for that, most definitely. I am interested, just keep us posted on the details!