• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone up for a Charlotte OC meet/barbeque ?

Slip Mahoney

imported post

Good morning,

The more I read the more I believe getting together with fellow OC ers will strengthen the movement. I for one am new to this site and am anxious to meet others, compare stories and shoot the S@@## T : ) Mostly I am looking to learn.

I am thinking of somewhere it will be allowed. Not sure where would be good soI open for suggestions. I will gladly provide charcoal, and some steaks for the folks. I will provide paper plates If others are willing to bring drinks and whatever else, I believe it would be a good time. Weekends are great and its nice and cool out so I am hoping to get it together.

Thanks for reading and hope it works out. Be cool and be safe !

Slip Mahoney

imported post

Hi, Well, I am in Huntersville and time is easy for me. I can go almost anytime. I figure a nice Sat or Sun afternoon would be cool. Whatever allows is cool with me. I guess the post is young yet so we will see how many want to go. Me, Ill go no matter how many show. I am really anxious to just go and do. Write with any ideas about where if you have any. Of coarse I would say my house but I guess that defeats the purpose of OC'ing. Either way, I am committed.Write anytime. I have tons of free time.

Look forward to meeting you, Be cool, Be safe

Slip Mahoney

imported post

Hi, DV,

Nice to meet you. Yeah I would give this thing a few days or so. Ill monitor it and if anything arises I will message you and anyone who might be interested. Id like to get it together soon. I have been reading so much, now I would like to do and meet others all while enjoying !. I did see that others have tried to do something like this but looked pretty dead. Lets hope it gets off the ground.

Until then, Be cool, Be safe

Slip Mahoney

imported post

Hi 40,

Not really sure when or where for that matter. Are you from Huntersville or near by ? You have any good ideas where to grill out ? Canwe do it in like Hornets Nest park or Jetton Park in Cornelius ? For me now is a good enough time but I thought I would throw it out there and see where it goes. Looks like we have 6 interested yet schedule may be an issure for some. I guess with Thanksgiving comiing up and all people are scrambling. I will keep my eye on who would like to come then pick a day. Im thinking a Sunday afternoon may work for everyone. Ill keep you posted. Peace

Slip Mahoney

imported post

Hi R,

I will for sure keep you posted. I am thinking so this dont drag to far and fizzle, the sooner the better. Next Sunday perhaps. Who ever hops on board by then is surely welcome. We have maybe 6 or 7 interests so far. Just need to pick a location. Any ideas ?

Slip Mahoney

imported post

Hi Driver,

lots of folks have said its crunch time now with Thanksgiving and all. maybe we will just give us some time to prepare and say 1st Sunday in Dec. Gives us all a chance to make plans. How does that sound ?

Slip Mahoney

imported post

I am looking into Latta Plantation. I have a contact there and will ask directly. Maybe they too ban but with all the hunting and civil war and history they support, hopefuly they will say ok for an OC barbeque. Thanks for the tip. I will post what I find out. Have a great weekend !

Duramax

imported post

I'm in. I have been looking for a meet & greet in the Charlotte area. Just let me know when & where.

I will keep checking back

Slip Mahoney

imported post

Hi Duramax,

Sounds good to me. Looks like we have about a half a dozen interested. It also looks like maybe the first Sunday or Saturday in Dec might work. I am ready any time. Would like to have all interested attend. Now, some have mentioned a restaurant and although thats cool, I thought a barbeque in the great outdoors would be more refreshing. Of coarse, I will have to locate a spot. Looking into Latta Plantation. I will post my findings. I have two whole beef tenderloins, ( filet ) ready for the fire. I will also be bringing the plates and hardware neded to conume the beast ! Now we need the place and something to wash the cow down. Until then,